World of Warcraft | Teen Ink

World of Warcraft MAG

April 26, 2012
By Conor Craig BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
Conor Craig BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

If you want a game that will keep you entertained for years, provide you with many realms to explore and opportunities to meet great people, try “World of Warcraft.” Don't worry, it isn't just for hardcore gamers. Six years ago I made the decision to play, and I have never regretted it.

You have ten races to choose from and two factions. Pick whichever you want, but I think Blood Elves are the best. As for the factions, I've always played the Horde, but the Alliance can be fun too (if you want to risk facing me). Once you've chosen your character and class, you enter a mysterious world where thousands of experiences await you. Yes, thousands.

You'll start out by questing, but you can also choose to form groups to tackle hard dungeons, or join battlegrounds against the opposite faction in Player versus Player combat (PvP). Each quest has an interesting tale, unlike most games where you're just running errands.

You can pick up many professions (blacksmith, herbalism, alchemy, etc.) and use them to better your character or your flower-picking skills, but I bet you just want to get to the maximum level and start “owning it up.” That's absolutely fine! A lot of people pick this route, and it seems to be the most rewarding.

Each class has its own way of fighting. It would take forever to explain how they all work, so it's best if you find out as you level up. If you want to get deeper into PvP, you can try rated battlegrounds and arenas. These are very competitive and I would only recommend them if you're very good (like me). I have a very high rating, but of course, I am the best mage on my server! I dare you to prove me wrong.

If you don't enjoy PvP, you can try dungeons and raids. A dungeon contains several bosses, with enemies in between (known as “trash mobs”). Normally, there are five in your group for a dungeon. There are over a hundred dungeons, and each boss has its own unique battle. Once you reach the max level you can enter a raid. Raids consist of 10 or 25 players, and the bosses are much harder but the loot is better. I would recommend raids only for experienced players, since they require skill and patience.

WoW is full of amazing stories. I own several books, but most of the lore is in-game. When it comes to stories, Blizzard leaves me speechless. The characters are so in-depth and awesome, it gives you chills. All of the cinematics are beautiful and the music is great. You could spend days reading the lore on fansites and have fun speculating about what will happen next.

The social aspect is a very important part of World of Warcraft. I love that the game brings players together to tackle group quests and dungeons. Of course, you have the option to play solo if you want, but it's a lot more fun with a friend. Playing as a team, when done right, is very rewarding.

I highly recommend “World of Warcraft.” It has kept me entertained for years, and I don't plan on stopping any time soon. I hope to see you in the World of Warcraft!