How To Get Away With Murder | Teen Ink

How To Get Away With Murder

January 19, 2017
By braedonpani BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
braedonpani BRONZE, Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Geniously developed with a phenomenal combination of drama, mystery and thrill, the ABC TV show, How to Get Away with Murder, has become an electrifying binge watching show throughout America. Viola Davis leads in a strong female role as Annalise Keating, a cold-blooded and sophisticated criminal defense lawyer and professor. Her incredible control of emotions in her acting won her an Emmy, Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series, in 2015 along with two Oscar nominations. Not to mention the several other impressive awards the show has won including Television Program of the Year and Outstanding Drama Series.


The story follows five Philadelphia law school students: Wes Gibbins, Laurel Castillo, Michaela Pratt, Asher Millstone and Connor Walsh. Known as the Keating 5, the aspiring law students work with Annalise defending a handful of problematic clients. Suddenly, their jobs with Annalise become a bit more than they bargained for. Getting raveled in alarming situations, their main focus of succeeding in law dramatically shifts to avoiding prison for the crimes they commit.


As the storyline progresses and the plot intensely thickens, the group seems too tangled in Sam Keating’s murder to wash the blood off their hands. Davis’s compelling vigor and command sucks in your attention and fails to let go. Ending with epic cliff-hangers, every episode leaves the viewers with questions and a desire for more.
The public appeal quickly expanded and the show received great reviews from the NY Daily News, Los Angeles Times, Entertainment Weekly and Rotten Tomatoes. On September 25th, the TV show broke records for 6.6 million DVR playback viewers and over fourteen million viewers on live broadcast.


Cleverly directed by Shonda Rhimes, the suspense continues to build higher than imaginable. Every episode leaks new clues and hints to what actually happened between the students. The three seasons packed with fifteen mind-blowing episodes, available on Netflix, Hulu and iTunes should definitely be your next stop on a lazy night home.