Bob's Burgers | Teen Ink

Bob's Burgers

January 9, 2017
By obey.irena BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
obey.irena BRONZE, Chesapeake, Virginia
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Bob’s Burgers is an American animated sitcom created by Loren Bouchard for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series centers on the Belchers. The parents Bob and Linda own a hamburger restaurant in Ocean City, New Jersey. Bob and Linda also have three children, Tina, Gene, and Louise, who help out around the restaurant. Success is not easy, as Bob must compete with several other eateries for business. His biggest rival is Jimmy Pesto's Pizzeria, which is located right across the street and does far more business than Bob's Burgers does. The hatred between Bob and Jimmy Pesto is full of humor because, although they dislike each other very much, Bob's daughter, Tina and Pesto's son, Jimmy Jr. has shown to have quite an interest for each other. He is Tina's love interest, although he doesn't always realize that she loves him. Although the Belchers face unfortunate events, they always come together as a family in the end, and displays love towards one another.


Positives – Bob’s Burgers is authentically comical, and on top of that, the humor is appropriate. Everyone in the family can enjoy, as the show does not use profound language. Each member of the Belcher family is genuinely unique. As the seasons progress, your heart will hunger for more of Bob’s Burgers.


Negatives – For those who haven’t followed the series since 2011, might find the story line quite confusing. Although the plots are far from boring, some viewers assume the comedy childish, and unamusing.


In conclusion, my overall recommendation is downright stunning. Bob’s Burgers is original and amusing for anyone who watches. You’ll catch yourself watching each season over and over again. I recommend this American animated sitcom for everyone.