River Monsters | Teen Ink

River Monsters

By TannerLemaster BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio
TannerLemaster BRONZE, Williamsport, Ohio

Summary: River Monsters is a non-fiction Tv show about an American professional fisherman named Jeremy Wade and he hears a bunch of stories about how people are randomly killed by fish all over the world. Once he hears about these stories, if he’s interested in the story the he goes to where he heard the story and will try and catch it. He goes to places like the Amazon, the ocean, random lakes, rivers, and ponds in other countries and in the United States just to catch these killers. He doesn't care where he goes in the world cause if he wants to catch the killer he will go wherever it is and do whatever it takes to catch the fish. Sometimes the stories happen to where the people don’t get killed most the time they do or they get injured really really badly. Most of the places he goes to find these fish are places where they speak different languages and believe in many different things. Most of the time the people that die or get attacked are adults but there have been some cases to where the victims were teenagers and ever really small or young children. Some of the killer fish are big and some of them are small. Some of the fish will drown or eat their victims and some of them will attach themselves to the victim and eat through it or suck its blood out. When Jeremy fishes for these fish he will use a very different variety of fishing gear and many different tactics. For the not so viscous stories he usually considers it to be less dangerous and small fish do he will use like fly fishing stuff or he will use very light gear. For the more viscous stories he considers it to be more of like a bigger predator so he will use like really thick and strong fishing poles with really really strong line and a big reel. He will then get big bloody baits and use really big hooks so he can insure that the fish won't break his line or the hook. The fish vary dramatically in size like he's caught 500 pound fish and he has also caught not even a pound fish. He doesn't care how big or how little the fish are, he will set his heart to go and catch these fish and solve the myth behind the stories. He will never ever keep any fish he catches because he thinks it's cruel and that there is no point in keeping them. He thinks the only right thing to do is to let them go unless the villagers or the people that let him fish want to keep it and then he will keep it and give it to them. Most of the people that tell him these stories are family members and or really good friends of the victim. Once the villagers find out that one of their own were killed while fishing they won't fish until the type of fish has been classified and caught so they know what to look for and do to stay away from it. The episodes of these fish being caught were re-enacted with actors because most of them are too gruesome and cruel to actually show the real footage of Jeremy going out and catching these fish.

Review: I chose to write my review on River Monsters because it is one of my favorite TV shows. It’s one of my favorite TV shows because it’s about a guy going out and catching really big fish and i like to watch shows that have to do with really big fish being caught. Mainly because it’s about fishing and fishing is one of my favorite things to do on my free time. I would recommend this TV show to anyone that likes to fish or that likes to watch fishing on TV because it is really interesting to know what kind of fish are out there in the world that would actually go and kill innocent civilians. It helps you to know what the different kinds of fish there are in the world and the different ways and methods you have to use to catch them. It shows you that fishing is actually really hard and that it is not easy to just go out and fish and think you’ll catch something because on this show it sometimes takes him hours, days, weeks, months, and even sometimes years to catch the fish he is after. So if you wanted to learn about new fish and fishing methods, you should sit down and watch this show.