Gilmore Girls | Teen Ink

Gilmore Girls

April 14, 2016
By Kayleah BRONZE, Stayton, Oregon
Kayleah BRONZE, Stayton, Oregon
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“`Oy with the poodles already.’” This and many other reasons are why we love “Gilmore girls”. From their most quotable comebacks to their sweetest terms of endearment “Gilmore girls” is a show that will never get old. Who could possibly put this statement better than the Gilmore girls themselves by stating, “`So... it’s a show?’ `It’s a lifestyle.’ `It’s a religion.’”

“Gilmore girls” is a beautiful story about growing up and learning both the hard and the fun lessons in life. This show, with its’ thickening plot and complete storyline will be the reason you live. Much in the way you can’t open a bag of chips and eat just one, it is simply not possible to watch just one episode .

This is a show known for its’ uniquely diverse characters. Each having their own story and all developing from the way you first see them. Even Mrs. Kim has some surprise to her that you would have never guessed.

If you are anything like me then you sometimes just do not have the energy or time to watch a movie. However, you want something longer than an average TV show. As you may have guessed “Gilmore girls” has a solution for this case too. With every episode being an average of 45 minutes it is the perfect in-between of a movie and TV show.

As for the setting of this all around perfect show it takes place in the all around perfect town of Stars Hollow, Connecticut,  along with Hartford, and other towns by guest appearance. Each setting remaining very close to the same or is an addressed change like when Lorelai and Luke remodeled. However, there is a change not addressed from the first episode to the rest of the seasons. This oversight being Emily and Richard’s entryway and living room. This is a change that most people will not notice unless they are big fans of the show.

Appeal and entertainment value is a category in which “Gilmore girls” excels in. This is a show for the whole family with the exception of maybe one episode. While you may have to censor sometimes this is a show that will never lose its’ comedic value no matter how many times you watch it.

From start to finish Lorelai and Rory Gilmore of Stars Hollow Connecticut are the almost perfect mother daughter duo with some very colorful friends providing us with some one of a kind lines. “`No, people are particularly stupid today. I can’t talk to anymore of them.’” There are many reasons as to why this show is not just a lifestyle, but a religion.