Why The Walking Dead Is the Best Show Ever | Teen Ink

Why The Walking Dead Is the Best Show Ever

By jbright20 BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other
jbright20 BRONZE, Ho Chi Minh, Other

Everyone who is reading this, should definitely consider watching The Walking Dead. The show is about how flesh-eating zombies take over the earth.  If you don’t know what zombies are, they are creatures who seek out living human beings and bite them, which then turns the humans into zombies. The show starts out with a policeman named 'Rick', who is in a hospital after being shot and has been in coma . When he wakes up, the world has gone to chaos and zombies have taken over most of the planet.  Rick has to learn how to adapt and survive in this zombie-plagued world and he has many adventures along the way. These adventures make for 'must watch' viewing and are full of all the plot twist and betrayals and  unforgettable characters.

Most zombie-apocalypse movies have plot twist and betrayals, but The Walking Dead takes this to another level.  For example, (Spoiler Alert) when Rick kills a character named 'Shane', after Shane tried to kill Rick. This kind of thing happens all the time, but this was such a shocking moment because Rick and Shane were best friends and to see them try to kill each other, was horrendous betrayal. Many of these twist in the story plot are so unexpected and crazy, yet that's what makes the show so good. 

The characters and the zombies play a great part in The Walking Dead history. The characters are always entertaining to watch because the show spends time to develop these characters and this makes us care about their lives. Almost all characters, have a great personality and are not afraid to back down from any fight.  Many shows, do not spend the time to develop their characters, but The Walking Dead makes you feel for every character and their fight to stay alive. And then there are 'the zombies', known as the 'Walkers'. These creatures will bite any living being and then cause that person to become one of them, which makes the show so exciting. Because once a human gets bite, they are dead and there is nothing you can do to prevent that.

You might be thinking, zombies are overrated and there not good enough for me to watch. And tragically, I was like you once, thinking that zombies were overrated. However, I started to watch the Walking Dead and I instantly got hooked to the show. The world, the characters, the environment, it just came to life and I really enjoyed watching the show. So for those who say that the Walking Dead is too good for you, well than you're wrong, because you should definitely give it a try.

To sum it all up, you should watch The Walking Dead because of the characters and the plot twist. If you want a good action-adventure show to watch then I suggest you watch The Walking Dead as it's full of suspense and action.

gremlin BRONZE said...
on Apr. 5 2016 at 9:42 am
gremlin BRONZE, Auburn, New York

Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family

I disagree very much on this topic, sure in the beginning it was good but now it is just the same as every other new show. it is now all about the people having relation ships and mental instability. I wish that it was the way that it used to be