Brooklyn Nine Nine | Teen Ink

Brooklyn Nine Nine

This riveting sitcom starring Andy Samberg (playing Detective Jake Peralta), Andre Braugher (Captain Ray Holt) and Terry Crews (Sargent Terry Jefferson) assures you a laughter-filled evening with its incredible humor around every corner. In this captivating series, Jake Peralta, who is an immature but adept NYPD detective in Brooklyn’s 99 Precinct, is confronted with the precincts new commanding officer, Captain Ray Holt. Captain Holt is an old school officer, and is not convinced Jake Peralta is a fit detective for the precinct, because of his lack of maturity. The base of the show consists of Jake Peralta attempting to impress the captain, and many of his other co-workers.

Throughout the sequel, we learn Jake suffered a tragic childhood, which drove him to becoming a NYPD detective. He is best friends with Charles Boyle (played by Joe Lo Truglio) and shares his many personal experiences with him and inside jokes. Charles Boyle is a one of a kind guy, a talented detective, but unfortunately is not physically gifted, as he is constantly tripping, dropping things, and hitting his head. Amy Santiago (played by Melissa Fumero) is a strict and by-the-book co-worker of Jake Peralta. Although she does joke and enjoy a good laugh, she is completely serious about her work and is great competition for Jake, as they are always battling to see who the better detective.

This entertaining comedy not only advertises humor, but also romance, minimal violence and slangs referring to sexual content. Although these aspects are attained in the series, they are most commonly set forth in a comedic way. If you are looking for a wind down show to watch at the end of the day, this is it. It is respectively rated TV – 14, and an all around great show. Highly Recommend!