Prison Break | Teen Ink

Prison Break

By BecksJ GOLD, Teaneck, New Jersey
BecksJ GOLD, Teaneck, New Jersey

How far would you go for those you love? Would you break the law, drop everything and run with them? In the 2005 crime drama Prison Break, Michael Scofield does just that for his brother Lincoln Burrows. The series deals with concepts of hope, trust, family, and above else, love.

After Lincoln is put on Death Row for killing the Vice President’s brother, Michael does what he believes is the only way to save his brother from execution: get himself into prison and break Lincoln out. Michael, who is a structural engineer, prepares for months to break him and Lincoln out of prison; he also makes preparations to make sure they could live normal lives once out of prison.

This series had me hooked from the first episode; it doesn't have annoying cliffhangers, but enjoyable ones that make you want to think first and then watch the next episode. Running from 2005 to 2009, the show had a successful 4 seasons with a talented cast. The two lead actors, Wentworth Miller and Dominic Purcell had such chemistry that I made me believe they were actually brothers. It isn't very often when a director is able to cast two strangers who form such a connection that it spills over into shooting.

I highly recommend this show any and everyone. I normally don't watch crime drama shows, but I don't regret watching this one. Here is a semi spoiler alert: all your questions will be answered. Don’t worry!