Towa no Quon | Teen Ink

Towa no Quon

By A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey
A.Marcus DIAMOND, Landing, New Jersey

"Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same."
-Emily Bronte

"A shadow is the most loyal friend."
-Amanda Marcus

If you are looking for something action packed and dramatic to watch, this is the show for you!  The original video animation Towa no Quon (translated into English from Japanese that means “Towa’s Quon”, Towa being a name as well as Quon and the particle “no” meaning that the first name possesses the other.  Note: both are characters), is an amazing story with great character structure, plot, and animations!  I really loved it and watched the series (6 episodes, 44 minutes each) all the way through within a day because it kept me on the edge of my seat!

The series follows an immortal boy (Quon) who has supernatural powers and aims to protect all of those who have these powers (Attractors) who are being hunted by an organization hellbent on their destruction as they “disturb the order of the world”.  Quon has built a safe haven for those with powers over his 1,000 year life, and continues to fight to save them along with some of those who live in the safe haven despite some sceptics.  Quon would do anything to never lose another one, and the story twists and turns as viewers explore just how far he is willing to go and why he has chosen to do so.

I really enjoyed the series and highly recommend anyone watch it!  From the lovers of romanticized stories to violence, this is a great series with examples of strong bonds, controversial decisions, bravery, undying determination, suffering, and a fight that I am sure will pull you in.  It is an amazing story and series that is sure to catch the attention of several fans!  If you are looking to buy the series, Amazon does carry it, and I do recommend the dubbed version for once, for a reasonable price, but make sure you get the one that does have at least English subtitles because there are a lot that are just in Japanese.  Again, I really enjoyed the series and highly recommend Towa no Quon.