Prison Break | Teen Ink

Prison Break

By hootiej BRONZE, Vauxhall, Virginia
hootiej BRONZE, Vauxhall, Virginia

The story line of this serial drama is one of a kind, never leaving you confused on what is going on in the story, while always leaving you guessing on what is going to happen next. One hour of this show is just not enough, it does an amazing job keeping the audience interested in whatever is happening at the time. It all starts with this man named Michael who is stuck in a predicament of trying to get his brother Lincoln, off of death row for a crime that he was falsely accused of. Michael’s final preparation to infiltrate the penitentiary was being finished by a total body tattoo of the prison his brother was held at. Michael then robbed a bank at gun point and pleads no contest at his trial but only requests one thing. He desired to be at a jail closest to his hometown which would put him in the same penitentiary as Lincoln. When Michael meets up with Lincoln in jail, Lincoln was extremely surprised and frustrated to see his brother in jail. With exactly a month until Lincolns death penalty the race was on to start their escape. Of course two people wouldn’t be able to do it by themselves therefore they organized themselves a crew within the jail. Throughout the seasons the cops start cracking down and are always watching close to suspicious actions made by the inmates. The ending of the TV series was quite shocking and very interesting.

The television series Prison break won three awards from 2006-2008. This was including ALMA Award for Outstanding Director of a Television Drama or Comedy, Australian Film Institute International Award for Best Actor and People's Choice Award for Favorite New TV Drama. This show for me was one of my favorites, recommending it to people who love shows about crime such as 24 or the mentalist. If I were to rate this show I would give it a 9/10. This show you can see on Netflix so it is easy to access and doesn’t cost very much to watch.