Red vs. Blue | Teen Ink

Red vs. Blue

September 30, 2015
By Aidann-Z SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas
Aidann-Z SILVER, Flower Mound, Texas
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Huh, weird, I hate goodbyes. . ."
"I know why."


Red vs. Blue is an action packed science fiction comedy that leaves you clicking the next episode hastily. Set in an alternate future where the humans and aliens are at war, it shows the lives, struggles, and battles of two teams: the Reds and Blues. Each team once upon a time fought one another over the territory of a box canyon they were stationed in. Now, they fight alongside each other to reveal truths, right wrongs, and finish their own war for good.


Each character is so believably made and voiced you could practically say they're real. From their uniquely crafted personalities to their speech patterns they impact the watchers more by seeming so human and relatable. Even with each character having their own gifts to the comedy table it still seems to give them life.


To be perfectly honest, the pacing in the beginning of Red vs. Blue is slow and steady, no real plot save for two teams goofing off and trying to conquer the other. In fact, the first season has no real grip except for having a laugh after school or work. More of a stress reliever than an actual show; but if you're patient enough you'll be in for a surprise worth the wait.


Much like the characters in this animated web series the backgrounds are just as fascinating. So life like you could see the lights reflect in just the right angles and practically feel the textures of the weapons and plants. Of course, this was later on in the series after the plot began to unravel. In the beginning, it was hard to look at due to the fact it was made as the first Halo game; however, that awkward scenery stage will be developed into breathtaking visuals.


Probably one of my favorite things out of the making of this series is the music behind each fight scene, speech of powerful inspiration, death, and goof up in each episode. Not only does the flow of the music hype you up, but if you listen closely to the lyrics you can feel what the characters are going through. Even the opening theme has some meaning in the series.


I, personally, would give this five stars flat out. It has everything I could have asked for in a series: action, science fiction, comedy, unique and strong characters, even mysteries you can make connections with. Of course, this may not be for everyone, but it's certainly a series you should consider whenever you've ran out of shows (or are simply procrastinating on an ending).


The author's comments:

Just a small project/ praise.