Blue Mountin State | Teen Ink

Blue Mountin State

September 29, 2015
By Greener_18 BRONZE, Oakland, California
Greener_18 BRONZE, Oakland, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Class comes last at Blue Mountain State, where the weekdays are just a primer for Saturday's big game. BMS is a Division 1 college and is known as one of the top D1’s in the country. This is my favorite show because it’s absolutely hilarious, and during the episodes it shows some parts of how life playing sports in college is all about. It focuses on three freshmen from three very different backgrounds. Alex Moran is a second-string quarterback who enjoys all of the perks of being on the football team with less pain and suffering. Craig Shilo is a phenomenal RB and won the high school player of the year, with an over controlling girlfriend who hopes to ride him to wealth and fame. Sammy Cacciatore is Alex's roommate who cons his way into the team's mascot position in hopes of scoring with the cheerleaders.


Season Two introduces some more characters into the cast, like Radon Randell, the freshman quarterback from Detroit who admits he used to be in prison and quickly becomes the Goats' new starter. Mary-Jo, Sammy's smart and very aroused sister who joins the BMS cheerleading squad in hopes of someday getting with Alex. While Craig Shilo finds out his girlfriend has been cheating on him with so called “NFL Scouts”, than once the season is over Craig transfers to Georgia Tech University.


In season 3 Alex adjusts to becoming the starting quarterback and team captain, Thad awaits word on his future with the team after his drug related arrest following BMS' loss in last season's championship game. Following the arrival of a new offensive coordinator, Marcus Gilday who looks to take head coach Marty Daniels' job for next season. Alex Moran goes through a ridiculous captaincy ceremony which he then takes over captain from Thad. Thad is eventually let back on the team once serving a one game suspension. After the BMS squad loses in the National Title Game, Thad goes and builds a football stadium on a cornfield outside of town. Blackwell (the team they lost to) is invited to play the unofficial national title game.