Suits | Teen Ink

Suits

By Rather BRONZE, Taber, Alabama
Rather BRONZE, Taber, Alabama

Suits is one of the highest rating shows currently on television. The slick legal drama has the ability to keep you on your seat and always craving more. Many people think that this show isn’t very appealing and has a boring taste when learning that it’s about lawyers but it’s the exact opposite, this TV series shows all the entertaining parts about being a lawyer. For me I thought being a lawyer would be boring and all paper work but after watching this it showed me how cool it would be to be a lawyer and had me wanting to take this up as a career in life.

The story starts out with a genius college dropout named Mike Ross who has natural intelligence and a superior memory. Mike makes a living taking LSAT tests for other students. Mike needed some extra money to help his grandmother out so he got a job to deliver marijuana to a big drug deal. Soon he finds out it’s an undercover Sting operation which he avoids and accidently walks into an interview with Harvey Spectre, a big time lawyer for Pearson Hardman. Mike realizes he could use this interview to benefit him and get him a job. He uses his unique persuading skills and shows Harvey how smart he is. Harvey soon finds out during the interview that there was weed in the suitcase that mike brought with him and that he has no degree but despite this Harvey loved the way he presented himself and hires him.

This act by Harvey was very irresponsible for a recently named senior partner at Pearson Hardman because they have a very strict rule that they only hire Harvard graduates only at the firm. This plot makes it dangerous for mike because he is practicing law without a degree so Mike and Harvey must keep quiet and must not get to much attention but that’s impossible with a genius like Mike. Harvey’s biggest enemy Louis Vitt is another problem for Mike. Louis is always snooping and looking for reasons to get mad at Mike or worse; and fire him. Mike had a couple close calls with drugs because Louis made him do a mandatory drug test. Mike always overcomes Louis’s sneaky and clever plans but they are drawing more attention to Mike than ever.

This is just the start of the different plot lines. The show has many different characters that help support the story line and keep it interesting which very few shows have anymore. Suits shows many realities of the real world and shows how high profile lawyers go throughout their day to day activities which is very unique and catchy.

Im smart