The Vampire Diaries | Teen Ink

The Vampire Diaries

By ChristineeGeorgee BRONZE, Asbury, New Jersey
ChristineeGeorgee BRONZE, Asbury, New Jersey

The remaining most-watched TV series on the network happens to be The Vampire Diaries. This trendy show contains supernatural-fantasy, horror, drama and love. With Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley playing as two attractive vampire brothers: Stefan and Damon Salvatore, both end up falling in love with the main character Elena Gilbert played by Nina Dobrev.

Throughout the series you are introduced to many different characters including vampires. I would highly recommend this show to teenage girls considering that all the actors seem to be very good-looking and after one episode you are guaranteed to fall in love with not only the vampires, but also the werewolves, warlocks, wizards, ghost, and also humans.

The bizarre show takes place in a fictional town in Virginia called Mystic Falls. This town is filled with many different supernatural beings that no one really knows about.

The main character Elena Gilbert who in the beginning of the series is a human falls in love with two dreamy vampire brothers which ends up causing a disaster on and on throughout the series.

I will admit the beginning of the series did start off a little cheesy and slow, but by the next couple episodes you will get hooked and addicted and want to continue watching it and never stop. It’s one of those TV series where you can lay in your bed the entire day and just watch it on Netflix. 

Something really interesting about this series is that you get introduced to a certain group of vampires called, “The Originals”. The Originals are basically the original vampire family. When you are all finished watching The Vampire Diaries you can watch the TV series, “The Originals”. This show contains the family of vampires that also acted in the Vampire Diaries.

The Vampire Diaries has 6 seasons and they are still making more. This is one of the only TV series that I actually finished on Netflix because it’s that good. One of the best things about this series is that each season ends with a huge plot twist, and at the end of every episode it ends with a huge cliffhanger!
The drama filled TV series is definitely worth the watch, next time you are scrolling through Netflix looking for something new and interesting to watch, take my advice and watch The Vampire Diaries you will not regret it.