The Flash Season 1 Episode 16 | Teen Ink

The Flash Season 1 Episode 16

March 25, 2015
By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
36 articles 0 photos 0 comments

What Happened?

*** This review may contain spoilers ***

*SPOILERS AHEAD* "Rogue Time" is an episode that lots of fans have looked forward to since the previous episode was just amazing.
Instead, we got a whole new episode exploring on how changing the time gives way to drastic changes.

The episode starts from where the previous episode ended. Then within a few minutes, the villain is caught, all those other important stuff didn't happen and taadaa new episode.

Although it is then implied that changing these will affect a whole lot of what might happen next. I personally wanted to know what will happen as a result of the things Barry had done, but then the episode threw at us Cisco's brother and the Rogues coming back (again) and it was like they came out of nowhere.

The episode was more of development for Cisco's character and it was fairly well done. The episode did a great job of showing the outcome of changing the time-line which Barry did in order to prevent the events of then previous episode to ever happen, but of course time always has a way to get back at you and the episode did show us just that. It was also nice to see how Eddie finally strikes at Barry although it was all just resolved at the end with some explanation that Eddie and Iris were convinced to believe. It would've been great if Eddie has a grudge on Barry regarding his relationship with Iris but it was all just debunked. Captain Cold was more menacing in this episode than in his previous ones because it was shown how smart and manipulative he really is unlike his other episodes. Although the introduction of Lisa Snart kind of felt useless and she was just there to please comic readers and it doesn't have quite the same effect for other casual watchers. Then once the climax begun and we it seemed as if we're going to get an epic battle between the Flash and the Rogue, it all ends with a deal and the Flash just lets them go which obviously means they're coming back (again). Not that I'm sick of the Rogues but it's just that the show throws them in the episodes out of nowhere and they don't seem that convenient for the plot. Then at the end, we're treated to more Reverse Flash and it seems that this season will end with another showdown between the Flash and some would say his Reverse.

Overall, it wasn't the best episode and certainly did not live up to the expectations especially after the previous episode.

+The Outcome of The Flash changing the time-line,
+ Development for Cisco,
+ Captain Cold in this episode,
- Lisa Snart was useless,
- The Rogues just come out of nowhere,
+ Eddie striking Barry,
- Eddie forgiving Barry like it was nothing

Verdict: 7.6/10