The Walking Dead Season 5 | Teen Ink

The Walking Dead Season 5

March 16, 2015
By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
36 articles 0 photos 0 comments

The Walking Dead Season 5 Episode 14 "Spend"


"They're Dangerous"
***This review may contain spoilers ***
*SPOILERS BELOW* "Spend" is absolutely the kind of Walking Dead episode I like, the ones where it automatically glues you to your seat and you want to know what happens next each and every minute.
The episode did a great job on showing and developing some of the characters that are sometimes misplaced such as Abraham, Glenn, Eugene and surprisingly Noah as well. Glenn and others along with the group of the unexperienced people at Alexandria set off to a warehouse where (of course) zombies are (again. At first it all seemed like another get something, then kill zombies, then someone gets hurt, then they try to escape thing that most generic The Walking episodes do. But then the episode does a great job of showing how unexperienced and how badly they need Rick's group to survive as shown in the incident which occurred in the warehouse. This was also shown through Abraham when a herd of zombies come pass by and the others who were also unexperienced, plan to a abandon a fellow worker who was surrounded by the zombies. What Abraham did showed more of his heroic side and how he is more experienced and than the others and that was also pretty nice to see. We also get to see Carol learn some stuff from the suspicious Anderson family and of course, Rick trying to escape the friend zone. It was also very intriguing to see how Father Gabriel explains to Deanna how dangerous Rick's group is even after all that they did for him. All this jam packed in to one episode might've been too much, but surprisingly, it resulted in to one of the most intriguing and well done episodes in the series. Each storyline was rather satisfying and it was just simply showing how badly experienced the people at Alexandria are and how badly they need Rick's group. Even though this was mostly the center, the gore and visuals were taken up a notch and the acting was superb especially Glenn's acting in the traumatizing moment where he saw Noah get eaten by the zombies. The scene wherein Noah gets eaten surprisingly was well done and it really hit me when Glenn's reaction was shown. It is also going to be interesting on what Rick is going to do after what Carol told him to do especially when Pete is the husband of Jessie whom Rick likes. (Although it begs the question why won't Carol just do it herself, I mean she can just let him look at the flowers). Nonetheless, this was a pretty solid episode and I'm quite excited to see what happens next.
+Glues you to your seat,
+Alexandria badly needs Rick's group,
+Noah's death and Glenn's reaction. +Abraham showing his leadership and heroic side,
+Superb Acting,
+The gore was taken up a notch, +Father Gabriel tells Deanna that the group is dangerous,
+Carol tells Rick to kill Pete,
-Why won't she do it herself?


Verdict: 9.3/10