Constantine | Teen Ink

Constantine

By Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other
Spoodermanderp PLATINUM, Quezon City, Other

Season 1 Episode 13 Waiting for the Man

"Waiting for the Man" is the season finale we've all been eager to get. In this finale, we get to see teasers and glimpses of what's about to happen if we were to get a second season, in fact, it should get a second season.

The episode kicks off with another supernatural occurrence waiting to be solved by Constantine and his gang. Meanwhile we also get to see another storyline wherein Papa Midnite plans for his revenge against Constantine by killing him (where the hell has he been all this time??). Emmett Scanlan also appears and is cast as Detective Jim Corrigan who will eventually turn into Spectre some time soon. All this seems like a nice and tidy setup for a season finale and it pays off in the end. It has the same Constantine pattern which past episodes also follow, a new mystery and a dark atmosphere.

Although the thing that's special about the episode is that it makes you much more intrigued with the Constantine storyline which consists of the Rising Darkness and it adds excitement for upcoming things about to be delivered for the second season. It would've been a travesty if this show, with such potential, gets cancelled. In the end, a twist is also revealed which begs the show to have a second season. The characters are already developed and like able at the most part, it would be a shame if it were put to waste.

Overall an ordinary Constantine episode which follows the same pattern as previous episodes with some things mixed in in order to setup for a possible second season.