Review of Gossip Girl: Can’t Get Enough | Teen Ink

Review of Gossip Girl: Can’t Get Enough

January 20, 2014
By Mersadie Sarinske SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Mersadie Sarinske SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Gossip Girl is a television show about the lives of privileged teens living in the upper east side of Manhattan. The show takes you through their lives as they face high school, college, and all the drama that goes with it. The series has 6 seasons in all starting in 2007 and ending in 2012. It was created by Stephanie Savage and John Schwartz. The show stars Blake Lively, Leighton Meester, Penn Badgley, and Chace Crawford.
The series starts off with Leighton Meester, as Blair Waldorf, being at the top of her private school. She has a perfect life, with her perfect boyfriend, and of course, her rich mother. But when her old best friend comes back to her school, and back in her boyfriend’s view, her life takes a turn.
Gossip girl is a website that keeps everyone in Manhattan updated about the scandalous lives of the social elite.
This show isn’t very relatable to most people because it is about rich kids who get away with practically anything. The main characters all have the stereotypical “rich kid” attitudes and it can be very irritating at some points. However, once you get a taste of the “glamorous” life you just can’t get enough.
Some viewers say that they can’t get enough of this show. It is very cliched, but that’s what they liked about it because it is not to be taken seriously.