The Fosters | Teen Ink

The Fosters MAG

By DomzM BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado
DomzM BRONZE, Thornton, Colorado

The ABC Family series “The Fosters” takes you on the journey of a multi-cultural foster family led by a same-sex couple. Mothers Lena Adams (Sherri Saum as a school administrator) and Stef Foster (Teri Polo as a police officer) together are raising five children: Stef's son from a previous marriage, Brandon (David Lambert), adopted twins Jesus (Jake T. Austin) and Mariana (Cierra Ramirez), and new additions Callie (Maia Mitchell) and Jude (Hayden Byerly), who are siblings.

This series is very unique. It shows the bond that a family shares despite their differences. Each episode will have you on the edge of your seat, as secrets are revealed and arguments flare. This show contains many issues that real families face, such as dating, sex, lies, sexuality, physical abuse, and drug abuse.

Unlike many ABC Family shows, I can relate to “The Fosters.” Their mixed backgrounds will resonate with many today. Not many shows can capture the struggles of a large family while entertaining viewers.

We can all agree that there are days when we just need a break from our family. “The Fosters” is that go-to show that lets me sit back and enjoy the family drama. This show meets all of my high expectations. The new season starts this month.

This was an assignment given from my English teacher.