House | Teen Ink

House MAG

Hugh Laurie stars as Dr. Gregory House, a maverick, anti-social doctor who specializes in infectious disease diagnosis and is not afraid to go over the line to solve every case that he is assigned. He is inconsiderate and doesn’t care less what people think about him. Regardless of whom he is talking to, he wastes no time cracking cheap but hilarious jokes. He is immature and ignorant, but without a doubt one of the best developed characters in television.

In each episode, Dr. House and his team of three highly skilled doctors are given mysterious cases with patients who could not be diagnosed by their primary doctors. Every time the patient’s life is on the line, and with one wrong move, the patient could die. On occasion, the team has to break into a patient’s house to search for the cause of the illness. Though House is disliked by most, he is respected because of his ability to save lives with few facts supporting his decisions.

All in all, I give this show a 10 out of 10. It’s funny, suspenseful, and even a little educational. What more could you ask from a show? Everyone I have seen this show with or recommended it to finds it enormously entertaining, funny, and flat-out brilliant.

“House” airs on FOX Tuesdays at 9 p.m. EST. The first season is out on DVD and doing very well in stores. Catch up and tune in!

on Jan. 24 2014 at 1:59 pm
EllyApolloRose GOLD, Washington, Pennsylvania

"When you’re alone, you can make any choice you want. But when someone loves you, you lose that right."
-Alice Paul in Iron Jawed Angels

Do they still show it? I heard that they canceled it. I used to watch it a while ago, but i can barely find it at all anymore.

on Nov. 23 2011 at 10:17 pm
Belluna45 PLATINUM, Shelbyville, Kentucky

"Look after my heart- I've left it with you."
-Stephenie Meyer (Eclipse (Twilight #3))
"Either write something worth reading or do something wor
th writing."
-Benjamin Franklin
"A dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest."
-Johnny Depp

LOVE HOUSE i really like this review because it covers pretty much everything about House and the show!

on Oct. 10 2011 at 11:06 am
I love house! It is a funny but an interesting show. Can't wait for the new episodes.

Karlen. SILVER said...
on Nov. 24 2010 at 6:11 pm
Karlen. SILVER, Holmdel, New Jersey

"This is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten." -Natasha Beddingfield, 'Unwritten'

my FAVORITE show. I am absolutely obsessed. when i saw that someone had written an article about it i HAD to read it. thanks for being a fellow House fan! Keep writing.  (:

on Sep. 3 2010 at 11:58 am
WillHug4Money GOLD, Florien, Louisiana

Nothing is stronger than gentleness, and nothing is so gentle as real strength.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HOUSE!!!!! it's definitely the best show ever =P my username is that because chase is my husband

on Mar. 17 2010 at 11:25 am
peace_love_beauty PLATINUM, Florien, Louisiana

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Psalms 23:4

I love House! I just started watching a few episodes a couple of weeks ago, and I was hooked from the first few episodes I saw. Great show.

on Jan. 24 2010 at 12:11 pm
sweetxluv BRONZE, Joelton, Tennessee

Elie Wiesel put it best: “None of us is in a position to eliminate war, but it is our obligation to denounce it and expose it in all its hideousness… Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”

awesome show!!!

ResJes said...
on Oct. 19 2009 at 4:21 pm
ResJes, Summit, New Jersey

"Failure to prepare is preparing to fail."

Btw, HOUSE MD is now on FOX @ 8 PM on Mondays. This is my only favorite show and every week I stop what I'm doing to watch it. I don't know what I'd do without it - when the season finished, I didn't watch TV until House came on again.

resilva BRONZE said...
on Aug. 12 2009 at 10:21 pm
resilva BRONZE, Jacksonville, Florida
Your review describes the show perfectly, and it's my favorite too. Did you know that the character House was based on Sherlock Holmes? Incredible deduction skills, drug-addicted, aloof, arrogant, and largely friendless except for Dr. Watson (aka Wilson).

on Aug. 12 2009 at 9:24 pm
anonymousfish BRONZE, Wentzville, Missouri

Like I always say, there is no 'I' in TEAM... there's a 'ME' though, if you jumble it up. -House

I.....LOVE.....HOUSE........ OH MY GOSH I CAN'T WAIT TIL THE NEXT SEASON!!!!!!!!!1 AAAAAAGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!

on Jun. 24 2009 at 4:43 pm
gkegrace BRONZE, Bowling Green, Ohio
I love House!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats on publication, and I think you describe the show absolutely perfectly. Thank you!

on May. 19 2009 at 1:51 pm
I love House it's a funny show and the cast is great XD

on Apr. 12 2009 at 5:11 pm
Springcactus GOLD, Camillus, New York
I am absolutely obsessed with House, and Hugh Laurie is a comic genius. You expressed my adoration exactly. :) Congrats on getting published!

on Feb. 27 2009 at 3:11 pm
i love house, its so iteresting and funny, my sister is obsessed, i love the shows supernatural and 90210 the next generation even though that show is for preppy people kind of. and anyways i love house wilson cuddy and chase, edi from twilight is one of the new interns like thirteen and taub and kutner.

on Dec. 27 2008 at 7:26 pm
Hey, House is my favorite tv show. You did a great job covering it. Nice!!