All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell by PVRIS | Teen Ink

All We Know Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell by PVRIS

November 16, 2017
By TeaOnPluto PLATINUM, Dublin, Other
TeaOnPluto PLATINUM, Dublin, Other
38 articles 0 photos 1 comment

PVRIS’s latest album, All We Need Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell has impacted the music scene massively since it’s release in August, after the slow release of the first singles including What’s Wrong and Winter.

Opening up the album with the top hit Heaven, we get an immediate burst of energy with the hard drums and strong vocals, once again coming from the powerful Lyndsey Gunnulfsen. The album stays with the noisy pop sound, taking us through songs like Anyone Else and Same Soul, all the way to Separate, the album’s quiet number. The album has something for every mood.

The grunge pop-punk vibe is a small bit heavier than in their first record, White Noise. Apart from the ground-breaking vocals and brilliant bass and keyboard, once again it’s the incredible lyrics that puts this album up so high. The message this time round is clear; they are changing. Lynn Gunn explained that sometimes this leaves a person split in two over everything, and the world can be completely separated. A message on the album tells the listener that it is up to them how they interpret this music, that maybe there’s others who are split in half.

This is by far my favourite album of the year, winning over White Noise and any other EP or session they have done. I would recommend this to anyone into the punk-pop scene or for fans of something new to try. The energetic sounds and the easy lyrics will have you playing this record on repeat.

Download or buy PVRIS’s new album All We Need Of Heaven, All We Need Of Hell now.