American Beauty/American Psycho by Fall Out Boy | Teen Ink

American Beauty/American Psycho by Fall Out Boy MAG

By rebeccaaaa GOLD, Brooklyn, New York
rebeccaaaa GOLD, Brooklyn, New York

You’ll definitely remember this amazing album for centuries. The band Fall Out Boy did it again with their new memento American Beauty/American Psycho. This unique sound executed on the collection is what appeals most to listeners. Under the alternative genre, the collection had different song categories that allowed it to stand out amongst other bands in this genre such as My Chemical Romance and Panic! At the Disco. This is album is definitely worth your money.
Fall Out Boy has been around since 2001. But they began making music in 2003 when they debuted with their album Take This To Your Grave.  The anthology American Beauty/American Psycho debuted at number 1 on the billboard 200 and moved 218,000 units. Their song “Uma Thurman” from the album was approved by the real Uma Thurman, so the band could make sure the musicality and lyrics were just right, and were to her liking.
This memento had very unique aspects to it, such as the lyrics and songs. The songs specifically on this album are very different than others. Songs like “Jet Pack Blues” or “The Kids Aren’t Alright” are mellow, calm and illustrate a story. On the other hand, songs like “Novocaine” and “Twin Skeletons (Hotel in NYC)” have different melodies and sounds that are very upbeat and loud. The lyrics are very poetic, and full of imagery. For example, “And I’m trying to find my peace of mind. Behind these two white highway lines. When the city goes silent. The ringing in my ears gets violent.” This is from the song “Jet Pack Blues.” Through this quote, one can see that the lyrics are full of imagery and they paint an entire portrait.
Throughout this album, the band experiments with different sounds and melodies. “Musically, it has hip hop grooves with guitars on it. It has a more in your face guitar than Save Rock and Roll…,” says guitarist Joe Trohman in an interview with Billboard. This shows how the band took advantage of modern technology to bring the soundtrack to life.
American Beauty/American Psycho is definitely one of Fall Out Boy’s best albums. Whenever you hear a song from it, you just want to get up and dance. The melodies in this album really stand out. Be prepared to dance like Uma Thurman.

on Mar. 3 2016 at 9:40 am
kenzie_atthedisco BRONZE, Wilmington, Delaware
I absolutely agree. I love this album so much.