Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon | Teen Ink

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
1044 articles 0 photos 1 comment

     Finally, the rock world has found a sound that is brand new. Literally! Brand New's album "Your Favorite Weapon" is the best example of mixing emo and punk. It is a fantastic album because it has a fresh sound, the songs are superior, and its energy keeps on going and going.

The album's new sound will blow away listeners. The sound changes throughout, with an upbeat song like "Jude Law and a Semester Abroad" preceding an emo lyrical song like "Mixtape." Every song has a creative touch that will keep the listeners connected, you won't skip over any of them!

To be honest, when I bought the CD, I figured it would have, at best, four or five acceptable tunes. But was I wrong! They are all masterful and this band should definitely be played more on the radio.

I am shocked at how well written these songs are. In "Seventy Times 7," my favorite track, it's as if the singer is speaking directly to you.

This album will also amaze its listeners because the band is very energetic about their music. This album makes you want to stand up and shout the lyrics at the top of your lungs. Because of this energy, it should persuade any listener to idolize them. Throughout this record, it made me feel like a part of the new sound of rock, and it felt awesome. .

Review by