Collision Course | Teen Ink

Collision Course MAG

By Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York
Bapalapa2 ELITE, Brooklyn, New York

As a fan of Jay-Z and Linkin Park, the only thing that came to mind when I heard that these two artists were going to collaborate was When can I buy the CD? My excitement was, in fact, warranted as this is the nastiest CD I have heard in a long time.

The concept behind “Collision Course” is quite innovative. What you have is a rap legend mixing his vocals and sounds with one of rock's hottest acts. The product shows their combined talent.

I was skeptical after the first listen, but it grew on me and the sounds of the “jigga man” laying down verses over LP's screaming guitar choruses are incredible. At any given time, one of the artist's music will play while the other sings/raps over it. On occasion you actually hear the original song, while it all flows together.

An added highlight is the DVD that comes with it showing the entire recording process, plus a performance of all six songs. I actually enjoy the DVD more than the CD. The stars' chemistry is incredible on stage, as LP may be the perfect yin to Jay-Z's yang. LP's innovative rap/rock style complements Jay-Z's feel-good beats and intense lyrics.

If there is any downside, it's that this CD is so short. The six songs are only 30 minutes. Overall, I'd say this collaboration is a huge success and both artists' fans should be pleased with the results.

i love this so much!