Sean Kingston - Sean Kingston | Teen Ink

Sean Kingston - Sean Kingston MAG

My analysis of this CD is all good. If I had to choose between this and any other that I know, I would choose this one. Seventeen-year-old Sean Kingston has raised my expectations of ­reggae music.

The instruments reflect Kisean Anderson (a.k.a. Sean Kingston) and his Jamaican heritage. The compositions and overall sound by producer Jonathon “JR” Rotem are nothing short of spectacular. With hard-hitting bass at times and less at other times, Rotem produces an album of hits. The strings and brass enhance his voice when he sings or raps.

In “Beautiful Girls,” Rotem brings a ’50s doo-wop feel to the record. Likewise, he adds drums and instruments that reflect Kingston’s voice and the overall feel of the vocals. King­ston brings the heat whether he’s rapping or singing.

A lot of these songs reflect Kingston’s heritage in inner-city Kingston, Jamaica. He sings of his mom and other women, and also raps about ghetto wars of his hometown. The meaning can be less noticeable at times, or they can be plain as day.

My opinion of Kingston’s debut album is that this is only a piece of what we will see from his future working with Beluga Heights and Rotem. In other words, this should be in everyone’s collection, if not on their all-time favorites list. It by far exceeded any expectations I had. For 17 this kid has some serious talent, and I hope to hear more. This album gets five out of five stars from me. Go pick it up today and see for yourself!

Clayton Campbell, Louisville, Kentucky
he his abeast.

i love your site