311 & Sugar Ray | Teen Ink

311 & Sugar Ray MAG

By Anonymous

   This past November I attended the 311, Sugar Ray concert. It took place at the Bryce Jordan Center in State College, Pennsylvania. The first to play was a relatively unknown band, Incubus. They are from California and played a type of reggae music. In my opinion they were really good.

After Incubus's set, Sugar Ray came on. Mark McGraph, the lead singer, put on the best live show I've ever seen. He was full of energy and all over the stage and in the audience. The rest of the band was also excellent. They all did their best to get the crowd excited and ready for a great show. I was sorry to see Sugar Ray's performance end, but I couldn't wait for 311 to come on.

Once 311 started their performance I was a little disappointed. They put on an excellent show, but it just wasn't as great as I expected. One of the highlights of the night was when the stage went black and the entire band (except the drummer, Chad Sexton) exited the stage. He started playing an awesome solo that lasted for several minutes. The band then returned and the concert continued.

When the four-hour event came to an end, I was extremely satisfied with the concert. It was the best I've been to yet. .