Lilo and Stitch | Teen Ink

Lilo and Stitch

Lilo and Stitch a movie that teaches us that no matter what happens you always have your family and no matter what you have to stick with your family. The movie begins in outer space with the evil scientist jumba.

Experiment 626 escapes and takes a police aliens cruiser to earth. This alien may look cute and fluffy, but he was bred to destroy everything possible. The story takes place in hawaii, where his spaceship crashed. As he's destroying everything he sees, he gets mistaken as a puppy. a little orphan girl, lilo, picks him in as her new puppy. He has his issues but Lilo sees past them and makes him part of the family. She knows that everyone wants to be good. She decides stitch just has to be taught how. Meanwhile the space committee send evil scientist jumba to catch him and destroy him.

Lilo and her sister get themselves into trouble with social services. As they are trying to stay out of trouble stitch keeps pulling them right back in. He attacks one of the aliens after him and gets her sister fired from her job. her sister unsuccessfully tries to convince her to take him back to the pound. Lilo and stitch bond over both being orphans. Lilo draws a picture of stitch and colors it up to his ears in red. She calls it his badness level. She tries to help him by telling him he wrecks everything he touches. She tells him he should make something for a change. He responds by building a city out of books and the proceeding to destroy it. The aliens hunting him now he is bred to destroy and say she is wasting her time. The aliens soon realize that because they are on an island with no big cities, stitch has nothing to destroy.

During stitches first night with Lilo she reads him the ugly duckling and explains how the ugly duckling didn’t belong anywhere until he found his family and he knew where he belongs. Stitch soon realizes that he’s the ugly duckling. The next morning they get a surprise visit from the social worker who tells Lilo's sister if she doesn't get a job he will take Lilo away. Stitch responds by throwing a book at his face. He told Lilo the next time he sees stitch he has to behave like a model citizen. Lilo tells stitch she doesnt know more of a model citizen than elvis. She teaches stitch how to dance and play guitar. She even tries to teach him how to be romantic. Even though he kept messing up Lilo tells him that even elvis had his bad days.

When stitch gets himself into trouble they don't turn their backs on him because he is family. Throughout the movie they use the saying ohana. The saying is ohana. “ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” she says this everytime stitch messes up to remind him that he is now part of their family and no matter what happens he won't get left behind or forgotten.

I like this movie because it teaches us that no matter what happens you always have your family and no matter what you have to stick with your family.