Captain America: Civil War | Teen Ink

Captain America: Civil War

May 24, 2016
By Anonymous

Captain America was good.What stood out to me most was how hard and heart-wrenching it was for me to pick a side. Team Captain America seemed like the moral good choice, but Ironman also has a compelling argument that also seemed reasonable. There is a lot of gray area in this movie which only makes it more thought-provoking. By the end of the film, I ultimately sided with Captain America, but Ironman becomes a fascinating antagonist.

However, I wanted to see the stakes raised even higher for all the characters involved, especially for the huge team fight that happens. The main villain, played by Daniel Brühl, successfully creates division within the team, but he is somewhat dull for a character. His only purpose is to divide Captain America and Ironman.The regular Avenger team members all have moments to shine, especially Antman (Paul Rudd). He does some pretty cool stuff in this movie. It was also interesting to see Vision (Paul Bettany) wandering around and learning how to live in a world full of humans. Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) is still a badass, butt-kicking gorgeous human being. I wish Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) had been in the movie more but that is only because I love him the most. Overall, there are many hilarious moments and humor present in this movie, but it maintains that much needed suspense.

With so many movies being released, I am surprised the Marvel Industry is still going strong. I am still enjoying watching all these movies, and I think this phase three of Marvel has a strong start. “Doctor Strange” is coming out this later this year, followed by the next “Guardians of the Galaxy:“ movie in 2017. Like it was back in 2012 with the release of Joss Whedon’s “Avengers”, it still is an amazing time to be a comic book fan.