Frozen (And No, It's Not a Positive Review) | Teen Ink

Frozen (And No, It's Not a Positive Review)

May 20, 2014
By Mister_J PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Mister_J PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado
42 articles 3 photos 17 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Captain, I wish to report a mutiny. I can name fingers and point names." - Captain Jack Sparrow


Let me first off say that this a review of the Disney animated movie “Frozen”. This will not be a very positive review.

“Frozen” came out last year and stunned the world with its humorous, heart-warming, musical story. I was not stunned by this movie.

Let’s first talk about the plot. In “Frozen”, a girl named Elsa runs away from her home after becoming queen due to her freakish power that allows her to turn things to ice. Her sister, Anna, teams up with a snowman named Olaf and an ice-seller named Kristoff to get Elsa back to the kingdom and remove the kingdom from its current ice age. The plot of this movie was fairly well-developed, though I do believe Disney needs to start making more original ideas for movies. If you notice in the credits, it says that “Frozen” was based off the story “The Snow Queen”. Is it really that hard to make an original idea these days?

My second thing to pick on is Olaf. Everybody told me before I saw “Frozen” that Olaf was absolutely hilarious. I thought not. Olaf’s only forms of humor were his stupidity and his ability to lose body parts in a snap. Even in the most dramatic moments of the movie, Olaf suddenly intrudes with a line that sounds something like “Watch out for my butt!” or “Hey, where’s my head?”.

My third thing to pick on is “Let It Go” and Idina Menzel’s voice. Okay, maybe it was kind of meaningful, but was it really that great of a song? And what about Menzel’s voice? Has anybody noticed that her voice sounds kind of nasally when she sings? I honestly thought that this song was the worst one of the entire movie.

So there you have it, the first ever (well, one of the first ever) negative reviews for “Frozen”. Think that I’m wrong? Go ahead and tell me. I’ll still hold my stance on “Frozen”, a 5-out-of-10 star movie at best.


The author's comments:
This is my opinion. You clicked on the review section for a review. You never asked for it to be positive.