She's the Man | Teen Ink

She's the Man MAG

By Anonymous

“She’s the Man” is a witty, side-splitting comedy based on Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night.” Viola (Amanda Bynes) disguises herself as her twin brother, Sebastian (James Kirk), while he is away in London. She attends his school, joins the boys’ soccer team, and struggles to control her feelings for her roommate Duke (Channing Tatum). She discovers the challenges of love and high school when you are a girl disguised as a guy.

Bynes and Tatum have great chemistry on the set. They play off each ­other wonderfully, making the audience feel and believe their emotions. Tatum is cast perfectly as the gorgeous, talented Duke ­Orsino. His athletic ability came in handy during the soccer scenes, in which he performed all of his own stunts. Bynes fit her role like a glove. Her expressions and body language were ideal to create a humorous tone. The whole cast together was a joy to watch.

This movie is a favorite of mine. If you have had a bad day, it will lift your spirits. It will make everyone crack up. The humor isn’t dirty or repulsive; it’s clean, enjoyable comedy. It is easy to relate to the characters as they struggle with issues many face.

“She’s the Man” brings a classic play to life with everything a good movie needs: the right actors, the right music, the right plot, and the right style. I recommend everyone see this hilarious movie.