Up Close And Personal | Teen Ink

Up Close And Personal MAG

I walked into the movie theater expecting just another one of those love stories. I was amazed to see how this was not just another one of those stories. It had so much more to it.

In Up Close And Personal, Robert Redford plays Warren, a reporter who discovers talent in a struggling female reporter. Michelle Pfeiffer who plays Sally (the struggling reporter) is determined to make her way to the top. She is willing to take any job that will help her become a better reporter. Warren gives Sally the break that she needs to get on her way. He takes her under his wing and shows her the ropes. He takes her where breaking stories are happening and forces her to be aggressive and assertive. He shows her how to get the story. She becomes an outstanding reporter because of Warren. She gets a job in Philadelphia as a newsanchor. There is one problem: somewhere in the middle of everything, Warren and Sally fall in love.

I think this was a excellent movie. I would recommend it to all types of people. This movie encompasses many different perspectives. Depending on who you are, you will either love it or hate it. It's a movie that you need to see for yourself