The Hunchback Of Notre Dame | Teen Ink

The Hunchback Of Notre Dame MAG

Well, Disney has done it again. Their new animated musical, Hunchback, is charming audiences young and old. I went to see it with my little brother, sister, and our mom. We all enjoyed it. Victor Hugo's classic tale of Quasimodo, the less-than-perfect-looking bell-ringer, and his love for the intriguing and kind gypsy, Esmerelda, is brought to life in an exciting way. The animation is fantastic with the bright colors and details. Near the beginning there is a street festival which is amazing. This movie has been said to be a little more "adult" than usual because of some of the themes. (For example, at one point the soldiers are preparing to burn Esmerelda at the stake. The Lion King was also criticized for the maturity of themes mainly because of the death of Simba's father.)

But really, Disney has definitely made Hunchback fun and suitable for children because why else would there be Victor, Hugo, and Laverne, the three funny talking gargoyles? The Hunchback of Notre Dame is an exciting story and terrific movie if you're in the mood for a delightful animated film. I give it two thumbs up! .