Anastasia | Teen Ink

Anastasia MAG

This past weekend I went to see "Anastasia." You can laugh at the idea of a fourteen-year-old going to see an animated film. True, the movie was made for the under-ten crowd, but that doesn't mean that teenagers won't enjoy it.

The basic story line is somewhat based on the Russian Revolution and the overthrow of the Romanav Empire. Anya (whose voice is Meg Ryan) is a young woman who cannot remember her past. She meets up with a con artist named Dimitri (John Cusack), who convinces her that she is the long-lost czarina, Anastasia. After many lessons on proper etiquette and Romanov ancestry, Anya is finally ready to meet Anastasia's grandmother. Of course there is the villain, Rasputin, and his side-kick, a little white bat who is really good at heart, which makes the movie all the more exciting.

And then after ... well, I won't tell you what happens. You will have to go and see it yourself. With the talents of Meg Ryan, John Cusack, Christopher Lloyd, and Bernadette Peters, I can promise you that you will not be disappointed. "Anastasia" is a movie for people of all ages, and I definitely recommend it. .

on Feb. 24 2012 at 9:46 am
beautifulspirit PLATINUM, Alpharetta, Georgia

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

Yes, the thing with animated movies is that everyone assumes that only a certain demographic will enjoy them. But I agree that Anastasia has something for everyone---it's a heartwarming, touching tale.

ramsay<3 said...
i love the movie! but the real story of anastasia is much more riveting look her up and she might possibly be interesting to you