The Hunger Games:Catching Fire | Teen Ink

The Hunger Games:Catching Fire

December 19, 2013
By TheBestEver345 BRONZE, Bawldwinsville, New York
TheBestEver345 BRONZE, Bawldwinsville, New York
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Catching Fire is number 2 in the three part series: The Hunger Games, books written by Suzanne Collins. But I’m not here to talk about the book; I’m here to talk about the movie.

In this movie, Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence) is thrusted into another world of adventure when President Snow, to Katniss’ horror, announces that all the winners from the previous Hunger Games, shall face off in the 75th annual Hunger Games. So Katniss and Peeta are sent back to the Capitol, train and everything they did before, get into the Hunger Games, but, the battlefield, well, it’s…different. It’s set up like a clock, and every hour one disaster happens in one of the 12 areas of the battlefield, making this Hunger Games, one of the deadliest.

Jennifer Lawrence does an outstanding job displaying Katniss’ emotional scenes. It gives you the feeling as though it was actually happening, and it was happening right before your very eyes.

In the end, I give this movie a 9 1/2 out of 10, the only reason it didn’t get 10 is that it’s a solid hour before any of the action starts. Overall, though, one of the best movies I’ve seen all year.


The author's comments:
This is my first article, but I will make more soon enough