War of the Worlds | Teen Ink

War of the Worlds MAG

“Wow, fantastic, awesome” are just a few words to explain how much I love this upbeat movie that I'm glad I took the time to see. The cinematography is phenomenal and its deep thoughts can fill your mind while the action scenes make your heart jump. “War of the Worlds” is unbelievable. The time they put into each detail is great.

But let's talk about the cast! It brings in some new faces, and re-acquaints us with familiar ones.Tom Cruise plays an ex-husband named Ray Ferrier who yearns for his son (Justin Chatwin) to love him. His daughter (Dakota Fanning) is a shy little brainiac who can't stand to have “her space” invaded.

The action and plot are simple, yet complicated. “War of the Worlds” brings you to the present day just before a battle between the human race and the towering tripod invaders. I don't want to give too much away, but the story unfolds very well. It's just hard not to think about what will happen next!

Warning: this movie is not for the faint of heart. There is some gore, but most is done very professionally. The film is rated PG-13 because of frightening sequences of sci-fi violence, but I saw it and still slept soundly. “War of the Worlds” is an adventure that takes you not only through the lives of a family, but through the life of anything that inhabits this planet.

I highly recommend this movie, not only for its cast and cinematography, but also for its values. This is a great thriller and the DVD is definitely worth $20. Watch this great movie because you might learn something, not just because it's cool or scary.

Still_Waters26 SILVER, Ladysmith, Wisconsin

"We few, we happy few/we band of brothers/For he to-day that sheds his blood with me/Shall be my brother"
-Shakespeare, "Henry V"

I loved this movie!  It has some wicked cool effects and action, but also that suspense and builds up, builds up, and then there's the aliens!  Pretty cool movie!

Just one thing that confused me.  Remember the part where Rachel tells her dad she's allergic to peanut butter, and he didn't know that?  You'd think that if he was her dad, he'd know that.  Just an obversation, not saying I don't like the movie.  I love it!!!

Trio123 GOLD said...
on Aug. 12 2010 at 12:20 am
Trio123 GOLD, Sunnyvale, California
I agree with all you said! I remember watching this movie when i was about 11, and I loved it! For whatever reason it's one of those movies that's forever ingrained in my brain :).