War of the Worlds | Teen Ink

War of the Worlds MAG

By Anonymous

     “Wow, fantastic, awesome” are just a few words to explain how much I love this upbeat movie that I'm glad I took the time to see. The cinematography is phenomenal and its deep thoughts can fill your mind while the action scenes make your heart jump. “War of the Worlds” is unbelievable. The time they put into each detail is great.

But let's talk about the cast! It brings in some new faces, and re-acquaints us with familiar ones.Tom Cruise plays an ex-husband named Ray Ferrier who yearns for his son (Justin Chatwin) to love him. His daughter (Dakota Fanning) is a shy little brainiac who can't stand to have “her space” invaded.

The action and plot are simple, yet complicated. “War of the Worlds” brings you to the present day just before a battle between the human race and the towering tripod invaders. I don't want to give too much away, but the story unfolds very well. It's just hard not to think about what will happen next!

Warning: this movie is not for the faint of heart. There is some gore, but most is done very professionally. The film is rated PG-13 because of frightening sequences of sci-fi violence, but I saw it and still slept soundly. “War of the Worlds” is an adventure that takes you not only through the lives of a family, but through the life of anything that inhabits this planet.

I highly recommend this movie, not only for its cast and cinematography, but also for its values. This is a great thriller and the DVD is definitely worth $20. Watch this great movie because you might learn something, not just because it's cool or scary.