Smokin’ Aces | Teen Ink

Smokin’ Aces MAG

By Anonymous

     “Smokin’ Aces,” with Ben Affleck and Alicia Keys, is one movie I will never forget. A movie about a magician turned mob snitch, a total of seven hit men go on a race to kill Buddy “Aces” Israel (Jeremy Piven) and win the million-dollar bounty on his head. Each has his or her own style, ranging from a master of disguise to a man who knows his way around the torture chamber, making this a rather well thought-out action movie.

Attracted by the idea of watching Ben Affleck beat up people, I went, only to see his character get gunned down before the action even starts. It is a race through a high security hotel and casino to see who can get to Israel first, with each hit man realizing that there is much more involved in this than they expected, as well as many more people.

With a twisted ending, you realize how well written the movie is. Whether you’re the type who seeks action, are a spy and FBI lover, or you like getting inside the mind of a criminal, this is your kind of movie. With a lot of blood, and strange methods of killing, this is not a movie for the squeamish. I would give this movie a nine out of ten, so go see it.