The Dark Knight | Teen Ink

The Dark Knight MAG

“Why so serious?” This line has been ringing in my head ever since I saw “The Dark Knight.” My desire to watch the film began when the first previews were released. Right away I knew the movie was going to be a blockbuster and sweep critics off their feet. My prediction was correct: Batman broke many box office records. In its first three weeks it made over $500 million.

Considering the success of this movie, I was fortunate to catch the premiere. Believe me, the tickets were hard to obtain. The wait was unbearable but worth every second.

The movie follows Batman (Christian Bale) who is constantly trying to foil the Joker’s devastating plans for Gotham City. The Joker (Heath Ledger) is a schizophrenic serial killer. His famous catch phrase is “Why so serious?” which he asks his victims before he tortures and kills them. Also in the mix is district attorney Harvey Dent (Aaron Eckhart), who is Gotham’s white knight. Dent fights to keep Gotham’s streets clean while Batman delivers him the criminals. Together can the two stop the insane Joker?

“The Dark Knight” is by far the best movie I have seen ­recently, and I would recommend it to anyone. The amazing cast cannot be equaled.
The supporting cast deserves credit too since they were flawless. This movie is loaded with action and will have you on the edge of your seat.

I'm sure we'll have a ton of dark knight reviews (ive already seen a couple) but this is a nice brief one that doesn't give too much away

Jingo BRONZE said...
on Feb. 21 2017 at 5:06 pm
Jingo BRONZE, Waxhaw, North Carolina

I might not protect you by being your shield or armor, but I'll be your dagger hidden below your pillow
-Tsukiyama Shuu

Favorite movie of all time. Heath ledger is also my favorite actor of all time. Gj.

on Nov. 12 2012 at 3:37 pm
ChickenLegHouse BRONZE, Brighton, Michigan
This is one of my favorite movies, but I have to say that if I had read this review before seeing it I probely never would have watched it. You make it sound cheep, glorifying the most odvious points and compleatly skipping the rest.

MikeWilson94 said...
on Feb. 24 2012 at 11:37 am
I believe this is a really good review and if you think it was stupid you need to re read it again

RitaRules said...
on Dec. 7 2011 at 1:08 pm
RitaRules, Paris, Tennessee
This review is stupid and pointless.

on Oct. 24 2011 at 8:04 pm
Musicalartist, Xxxxx, Other
Hey great job on the review!  I LOVE the joker he's so funny i luv the line "You can't spell slaughter without laughter"!  LOL

on Oct. 24 2011 at 12:27 am
TheGirlWhoDancesWithSnowflakes SILVER, Sunnyvale, Texas

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another,
"What! You too? I thought I was the only one."
- C. S. Lewis

Dark Knight is the most brilliant, action packed, nail biting movie ever created! Heath Ledger was the perfect Joker and it still kills me to know that the role was what killed him in the end. :( Overall, good review. I find your lack of too much information on the story plot perfect! It makes those unfortunate people who haven't had the chance to have their minds blown away by awesome want to head to the nearest movie rental (BlockBusters anyone?) and grab that movie! :)

on Jul. 12 2011 at 11:18 pm
CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

This is a great review!  I hate when people give away too much of the movie.  Excellent work! :)

Besides, The Dark Knight is one of my favourite movies.  Heath Ledger did an amazing job as the Joker; it's too bad he had to die so young.  Christopher Nolan's superb directing has changed the Batman franchise forever, rescuing it from the horrible cliches of the past.

on Jul. 1 2011 at 10:42 pm
It's a good film no doubt, but the hype it got completely swamped it. 

Think4Ever said...
on Jun. 23 2011 at 11:10 pm
Think4Ever, Oxford, Alabama

"We loved with a love that was more than love."

I think the Joker is the most brilliant bad guy ever to be played in a movie. It was so breath-takingly believable that I found myself swept into the entire movie. It felt so real. I couldn't stop watching. Now it's in my top ten. And I've seen hundreds of movies.

AliMac BRONZE said...
on Jan. 23 2011 at 1:00 pm
AliMac BRONZE, Tucson, Arizona

Life is not how many breathes you take, but how many moments that take your breath away

me too... i love this movie and especially love the joker. heath ledger was perfect for the role. good job to the casting person

on Nov. 10 2010 at 7:43 pm
Moviebuff0202 SILVER, East Setauket, New York

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."- Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent in The Dark Knight

THE DARK KNIGHT IS MY SECOND FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME IN HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!  YOU ARE NOT FROM THIS PLANET IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

on Oct. 26 2010 at 10:20 am
Dessometrics BRONZE, Charleston, South Carolina

currently seeking

ha i soo agree the joker was my favorite i loved his wits

on Sep. 22 2010 at 5:22 pm
deus-ex-machina14 BRONZE, Stewartsville, New Jersey

"There are two main tragedies in life. One is not getting what one wants, and the other is getting it." -Oscar Wilde

I LOVE Heath Ledger as the joker. A line that really got me was, "Wanna see a magic trick?" So sick and weird, but I laughed so hard. Great movie, everyone was great.

on Aug. 31 2010 at 6:30 pm
Still_Waters26 SILVER, Ladysmith, Wisconsin

"We few, we happy few/we band of brothers/For he to-day that sheds his blood with me/Shall be my brother"
-Shakespeare, "Henry V"

Hehe when I saw the movie Batman reminded me a lot of Clint Eastwood's characters he played in classic westerns.  The action was a little cartoonish, but heck, it was FROM a cartoon, so yeah.

"Why So Serious?"  lol...

on Aug. 14 2010 at 7:04 pm
JeremyHerbert PLATINUM, Fairview Park, Ohio
Great movie, mediocre Batman movie.  The overlong run time took me out of it and I'm one of the few that didn't like Ledger's Joker.  He's a great actor, but I think the role wasn't quite written as close to the Joker as possible. (He wasn't funny)

on Jul. 23 2010 at 2:11 pm
cowboyclp BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
I love this movie and great review

on May. 30 2010 at 2:07 pm
ashbadash BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

Friends are like glue, they always stick by your side.

I completely 100% totally undefyingly agree with Angelia. You couldn't have wrote the review any better and I believe the movie was awesome in every way thinkable.

Star717 said...
on Dec. 23 2009 at 9:20 pm
Star717, Lansing, Michigan

When given ruled paper, write the other way

In the deepest hour of the night, confess to yourself that you would die if you were forbidden to write. And look inside your heart where the roots spread, the answer, must I write?

I really enjoyed this movie! It was fantastic, especially Heath Ledger's version of the Joker. I did feel that Batman was boring, the only thing that was entertaining was the Joker. But the supporting cast was amazing and the thrills were first-rate.

Angelia SILVER said...
on Dec. 21 2009 at 4:40 pm
Angelia SILVER, Worcester, Massachusetts
This movie is my favorite ever. & you're review for it was perfect. I couldn't describe it any better. Great job! (:

zman1 PLATINUM said...
on Dec. 19 2009 at 3:53 pm
zman1 PLATINUM, Bethesda, Maryland

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

I thought the Dark Knight held up pretty well but I was somewhat dissapointed by Christian Bale's performance as Batman. In most of his screen incarnations, not including the original Tim Burton version and Batman Begans, Batman seems to be nothing more than a plot prop and his only requirement in the movie was to save the day. I also thought the ending was very confusing and that the hype was ridiculous. But for the most part it was very good and it had a complicated plot, good writing, and a great villain. But I thought that Christian Bale's performance was weak. Anyway, I think it was one of the greatest superhero movies of all time. It's right up there with Spider Man, it's sequel, Iron Man, and The Hulk.