You Knew Me When by Emily Liebert | Teen Ink

You Knew Me When by Emily Liebert

July 17, 2013
By dwellingondreams138 PLATINUM, Albertson, New York
dwellingondreams138 PLATINUM, Albertson, New York
43 articles 8 photos 12 comments

Favorite Quote:
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the lights.-HP


I started off being a bit skeptical about this book, but by the end, I loved it, and I just wish that it was out already so I can make my friends read it, so I can talk about it.

I usually hate changing perspectives and time periods, and I didn't like it in this book at first, but I came to actually really enjoy that aspect of it, and I believe that it added to the book. The changing tenses helps you to keep track of which time period the section is set in. I also liked how the beginning and end work together and how you understand by the end what happened between them.

I enjoyed the main characters, but I also thought that the secondary characters were somewhat one-dimensional and didn't have major back stories. But I think the primary characters made up for that in some ways. Some of the other aspects of the characters, whether main or secondary, also bothered me but not until after I finished the book and thought about it.

I can always judge how great a book is by my reactions to it and whether it's appropriate or not. I cried while reading this, so I know that it was great. It's a wonderful story about friendship and how you can always come back together again. I enjoyed it, and would probably recommend it.


The author's comments:
I won this book from Goodreads, and was skeptical because I usually don't read books like this. I also discussed it in more detail in a YouTube video since this was my quick review on Goodreads, but this hits my main points, so I suppose it works well.