Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King | Teen Ink

Mr. Mercedes by Stephen King

March 13, 2018
By XxMtnDewxX SILVER, Rolla, Missouri
XxMtnDewxX SILVER, Rolla, Missouri
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

$180,000 Killer

Ret-Det (Retired Detective) Hodges was thinking of ending it all. That was, of course until he receives a frightening letter from the one and only Mercedes Killer. (*Bam! Bam! Bam!*) The only crime he did not solve during his life as a Detective. This book was set during 2012-2013 in a small town in Maine.(Like all Stephen King books) If you guess the ending, you won’t believe the crazy things the Mercedes Killer has done! This book made it in my top ten books.


The Mercedes Killer is a psychopath so he really has no feelings for any other human. Killing his brother when he was little, and accidentally poisoning his mom and he didn't feel sorry. This book is the first installment of the Bill Hodges Trilogy followed by, Finders Keepers and End of Watch. This book is 527 pages. Every single one of them is filled with suspense, mystery and action.


Do not judge others! That is a lesson Det. Hodges learns in this book. By judging others he thought someone else was the murderer and she was sent into a state of depression. He later finds that she is a totally different person than he thought she was.


If you plan on reading this book check with a parent first. There is some adult language and content here and there. Ah! Who am I kidding? The use of adult language is a lot so some parents may not want their kids reading this.


This book has received many awards such as the Edgar Award for Best Novel in 2015 and the Goodreads Choice Award for Best Mystery and Thriller in 2014, and is a #1 New York Times Bestseller. Other awards this author has won are, International Horror Guild Award, and the O. Henry award as well as many, many more. Other books by this author include Christine, It, Cujo, Under The Dome, Sleeping Beauties and many more!


The author's comments:

I love Mtn. Dew