Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson | Teen Ink

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment by James Patterson

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment, by James Patterson, is one of the most enjoyable books I have ever read. This science fiction novel is about a teenage girl named Maximum who is a human-bird hybrid. Max and her flock (family of also experimented children) were living peacefully after escaping a lab/experimental prison called “The School”. Everything was going great for them until a group of wolf hybrid soldiers called “Erasers” sent by The School, came to hunt down the flock and take them back. Max and her family tried their best to hold off and kill the Erasers. This is when you meet the main antagonist, Ari. He was a seven year old boy who was left behind at The School while the flock escaped. Because he was left behind, the scientist there experimented on him. He now is an adult looking wolf hybrid that has a bloodlust for the flock. Ari wanted to get revenge for the flock leaving him behind which results in the youngest member of the flock, Angel, being taken from her family and brought back The School. The flock then travels around to find Angel.  Along the way, Max meets a nice family who helps her in her journey and she discovers that her father figure from The School. Jeb, is actually one of her greatest enemies.

Maximum Ride: The Angel Experiment is a fantastic book. It is full of witty dialogue and an enticing plot that is suitable for tweens through teens. I love how James Patterson finds ways to make a very serious book with a topic like human experimentation and have parts where I couldn’t help but laugh. I have read many of James Patterson’s book but I’d have to say this one is my favourite. Not only is the style of writing great but it also has loveable characters that made me sad when something would happen to them. Overall, out of 5 stars, I would give this book a 4.5. Because of this rating, I recommend it to any teen that like science fiction books with humour.