I am Number Four Book Review by Pittacus Lore | Teen Ink

I am Number Four Book Review by Pittacus Lore

I am Number Four is a sci-fi novel and the first book in the Lorien Legacies Series. In the novel John Smith, an alien from the planet Lorien, along with his Guardian Henri, are hiding from the Mogadorians. The Mogadorians are also aliens, but from a different planet that invaded Lorien and killed all of their people except for nine special kids and their guardians who escaped to the planet Earth. Each child is numbered and the Mogadorians can only kill them in order, according to their number. The first three have been killed and they’re after number four, known as John Smith. He has to keep hidden from them.

I really liked this book because it was suspenseful and interesting. It also had romance in it where the main character, John Smith, falls in love with an Earth girl, Sarah Hart. Their love is very sweet and romantic.  The book made me keep turning the pages because I always wanted to know what would happen next. It had many action packed scenes, like where they are fighting the Mogadorians and where John’s guardian is kidnapped. The point where it seems as if John and his team won’t be able to defeat the Mogadorians, it’s very sad and it almost brought me to tears. One of the parts I really liked is where Number Six joins them when they are fighting the Mogadorians. I didn’t expect that to happen but I’m glad she helped them because she knew a lot of information that helped them.
Therefore I think it’s a great book especially for teenagers and fans of sci-fi/thriller books. It’s very suspenseful and full of action which keeps you wanting to read it. I really recommend this book!