Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Teen Ink

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

By marcog BRONZE, LA, California
marcog BRONZE, LA, California

disregard females, acquire currency

I am writing this letter because I believe that the book “Hunger Games” should go down in history as a literature classic and added to the greats of our time. There is without a doubt solid reasons behind this letter. I expect you to agree with me by the end id this letter . First off, as you may know the book itself has had huge popularity in schools and with teens across the nation. Receiving countless positive reviews engaging all readers to turn there head towards this piece of literature. Ending in the result of a even more popular major motion picture. Secondly, this book includes some of the best story elements appalling to anyone. Including the basis of what one will do for family, such as the main character possibly sacrificing her own self instead to protect the safety of her little sister. Then, showing and encouraging the power of love to go against all odds trusting in it. When two of the charterers defy the antagonist by choosing to either live together or die together , winning in their favor. Lastly, taking place in the future adding new elements of life including daily ones we deal with today. For example, the perspective of reality TV that we see everyday but in the future could it turn into such a evil and real display of young violence, where young adults are forced to fight to death for our entertainment. Also, on social classes, already slightly divided today but the look on actual full separation and segregating them into individuals cites based on economic status. Then, the simple everyday life affected by those changes and if the government had such full control to decided on food, living conditions and the lives of children. As you can see, “Hunger Games” is deserving of the literary canon because is truly a unique and touching book that relates to everyday life and larger then life look on the future.

feedback please

catty98e GOLD said...
catty98e GOLD, Spring HIll, Kansas

"I'm a freak, I've been a freak my whole life. I just have to live with it, you know. I'm just one of those people. I'm not going to change the way I think or the way I feel to conform to anything."
-John Winston Lennon (1940-1980)

I agree with every word. It is a wonderful book and WILL go down in history!!! Well written good job!