The Innocent Man | Teen Ink

The Innocent Man

August 29, 2014
By Jmoneystebbs BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
Jmoneystebbs BRONZE, Charleston, West Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

This is probably one of the best non-fiction books I've ever read. This was John Grisham's first ever published non-fiction book, and it was phenomenal. I highly recommend this book to any teenager/adult that is interested in law. "The Innocent Man" is a nail-biting book that is hard to put down.

This book would be great for people around the age of 13-40. I say that because of its advanced vocabulary. The information about this book is mainly law. The plot isn't really hard to understand, but I didn't understand some of the words. That means that it also advanced my vocabulary around every chapter.

The author doesn't really use an emotional voice, but he does hook you in even more every page with a reserved voice. There is a lot of emotion in the book because there is a lot of happy parts in the book, but there are also very sad parts of the book as well, which made me want to read it more. This book does have very few meaningful quotes, but it is still very emotional.

This book is very organized, and I love that about it because if it's not, then it will be a big mess that is boring and hard to read. There are numerous plot twists in this story which kept me reading, and a lot of surprises as well mainly because it is a book about a man wrongfully accused of murder, so you would expect a lot of surprises. The characters are believable and realistic mainly because it is a true story, and he perfectly describes the details of all of them.

I don't really think I could relate to these characters because nothing like this has happened to me, but it probably could in the future. This book has an outstanding ending because of the plot twists at the end. I think the moral of "The Innocent Man" is that bad things happen to good people.


In my opinion, this is John Grisham's best book he's ever written. I look forward to more of his non-fiction books in the future. He is great at it and if you like "The Innocent Man" then you should look forward to more of his books. I highly recommend this book because it very emotional.