Breaking Dawn | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn

December 15, 2008
By annataylor09 SILVER, Caneyville, Kentucky
annataylor09 SILVER, Caneyville, Kentucky
5 articles 7 photos 2 comments

After reading the fourth and final installment of the Twilight saga, “Breaking Dawn,” I wasn’t so sure about what my final thoughts were. Yes, Edward Cullen is the near perfect example of who every girl dreams about, and Jacob Black is the best friend that we all wish we had. After waiting all summer, however, and reading the first three books, I’m not sure “Breaking Dawn” was all its cracked up to be.



The story has three parts to it: two parts, or “books,” are seen through the eyes of Bella Swan, and we see Jacob Black’s point of view in the other. As book one opens we are aware that there could be a new addition to the Cullen family. Then in book two, Jacobs’s devastation really shows and naturally we feel pity for him because of being the third wheel. Somehow though, after Jacob befriends a different part of Bella, we no longer feel pity for him.



Not giving away anymore of the book, I will say that Breaking Dawn sticks out from the rest of the series. Obviously, with it being the longest of the four books, people change, relationships develop and grow stronger, and for some, eternity is just the beginning of a lifetime. Overall, I would give the book 3 stars because although Meyer does a good job developing relationships, the plot was risky. Meyer made the characters do things that I never would have imagined them doing. As for the ending, well you’ll just have to see it for yourself.