Murder on the Orient Express | Teen Ink

Murder on the Orient Express MAG

By Anonymous

     Hercule Poirot, a distinguished detective, inadvertently finds himself on a train where a diabolical event happens. The problem is that he is the only one who seems to notice that something horrific has happened. In Murder on the Orient Express, a rich American on his way to Paris is found dead from stab wounds. Minutes later, the passengers all of whom have a secret pertaining to the murder, are wondering who did it. Poirot begins to interview passengers with his trusted friend. Will he be able to solve the most intense case of his career?

Murder on the Orient Express is an excellent murder mystery. I was continuously intrigued with the complex plot. Christie captures the reader with clues and quotes from the interesting characters.

This book is much more compelling than other books of this type. I was trying to figure out who the killer was from the first chapters. Another reason I liked Murder on the Orient Express is that the author made me feel like I was there. Reading from Poirot’s perspective, I picked up pieces of the mystery just as he did, and in the end they all come together.

I recommend this to anyone who likes murder mysteries and is looking for a complex, but fast and exhilarating read.