Murder on the Orient Express | Teen Ink

Murder on the Orient Express MAG

Hercule Poirot, a distinguished detective, inadvertently finds himself on a train where a diabolical event happens. The problem is that he is the only one who seems to notice that something horrific has happened. In Murder on the Orient Express, a rich American on his way to Paris is found dead from stab wounds. Minutes later, the passengers all of whom have a secret pertaining to the murder, are wondering who did it. Poirot begins to interview passengers with his trusted friend. Will he be able to solve the most intense case of his career?

Murder on the Orient Express is an excellent murder mystery. I was continuously intrigued with the complex plot. Christie captures the reader with clues and quotes from the interesting characters.

This book is much more compelling than other books of this type. I was trying to figure out who the killer was from the first chapters. Another reason I liked Murder on the Orient Express is that the author made me feel like I was there. Reading from Poirot’s perspective, I picked up pieces of the mystery just as he did, and in the end they all come together.

I recommend this to anyone who likes murder mysteries and is looking for a complex, but fast and exhilarating read.

on Feb. 19 2018 at 10:59 am
NimWallace PLATINUM, North Smithfield, Rhode Island

A writer is a world trapped inside a person

I really liked this book :) I was skeptical to whether or not I would like it as I'm normally a huge A. Doyle fan, but I found the plot and conclusion very satisfying.

i love this !

innocence said...
on May. 9 2009 at 2:35 am
Great review. I already knew what to expect, however, as my class read it in 7th grade. An extremly superb book, which led me to believe all mysteries were as good, as it was the first I had ever read, which I later found out I was wrong. It does get a bit confusing as Christie uses French at points.

Ale said...
on Sep. 18 2008 at 5:31 pm
i think this book is very nice by the way it sounds it sounds very interesting