Breaking Dawn | Teen Ink

Breaking Dawn

By Zoey Huber BRONZE, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Zoey Huber BRONZE, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

I read the book Breaking Dawn by Stephanie Meyer. It has 754 pages and its publisher is Little Brown and Company. I think that this book was a great ending to the series. The story started right where it left off and had a great plot.

Breaking Dawn started right where Eclipse left off. Bella and Edward were about to get married. After they did, Edward took Bella to Esme’s Island for their honeymoon. There, Bella decided she wanted to hold off her turning into a vampire to go to Dartmouth with Edward. They leave the island early because Bella has found out she is pregnant. It is strangely growing faster than usual babies. Edward thinks the reason for that is because it may be a vampire baby. They return to Forks and Carlisle tells Charlie that Bella is in quarantine from a South American food poisoning sickness. Jacob and the Pack find out about Bella and they make a plan to kill the baby before it kills her. Jacob doesn’t agree and leaves the pack to go tell the Cullen’s about there plan. He decided to stay there until the baby is born and protect them. When Jacob sees Bella for the first time since the wedding, he is in awe at how awful she looks. Rosalie is now at Bella’s side every minute of every day. Jacob knows that it’s because Rose knows she’s going to die and just wants the baby, that’s all she has ever wanted. Seth and Leah Clearwater come to join Jake’s “Pack” to help him. After the baby is born, Bella is dying even faster than she did with the baby inside her. Edward has no choice but to turn her into a vampire. Jacob has now imprinted on Renesmee, Bella’s daughter. Bella is furious with him that he has done it. She wishes it was on a different girl, but finds out that he really loves her and would do anything to keep Renesmee safe. After a couple of days, Alice sees a vision that the Volturi are coming to destroy the child. Carlisle, Esme, Emmet, and Rose go to find other covens to come and witness that the child is a half breed of human and vampire. Alice and Jasper run away because Alice is too afraid of her dying. When the Volturi comes, it’s almost a death sentence. They come and about 32 other vampires are there to tell the Volturi that they have seen that this child is not a vampire, but has blood running through her veins. They didn’t fight, but they talked it over and left. Soon after all the witnesses are gone, Bella, Edward, Jake and Renesmee are now one big happy family and they go on living their lives waiting for the Volturi to came back and kill them all when Renesmee is a full vampire.

My opinion on this book is that, it’s good. I also think that in some ways it didn’t flow. An example is with 3 different “books”. If one book ended, the other book wouldn’t pick up where it left off. To me it seemed disjointed. Breaking Dawn though is still a very good book.

To conclude, Breaking Dawn was probably one of the best books I’ve read. The story line, characters and detail make the book spectacular. A lot of the detail, when the author explained it, it was so vivid and I could picture what was happening in my head. Like when the baby had to come out via C-section, all that detail was amazing. Stephanie Meyer did a great job ending the fantasy/romance series with twists and turns after every page. I would recommend this book to people who love mystical creatures, but also a little action and love stories. I know I did.

twilight_teen14 GOLD, Moline, Illinois

"And then we continued blissfully into this small, but perfect piece of our forever...." -Bella Cullen- Breaking Dawn.
"Gandhi said that whatever you do in life will be insignificant. But it's very important that you do it."
“Everyone’s stars, don’t get your hopes up, learn the ropes and climb the ladder and know in the end, that just being here is the best and it only gets better.”

I love this book too!!!!