Most Recent Reviews

Here are the most recent reviews:

My Night at Maud's
Film four out of six in Éric Rohmer’s series Six Moral Tales, “My Night at Maud's” is a great lesson on the power of subtlety in cinema. Rohmer’s film takes place mostly within the span of one night and in one location: the elusive... (more »)
Freedom Writers
Freedom Writers In Profile     The movie Freedom Writers directed by Richard LaGravenese portrays a hard working teacher, Erin Gruwell played by Hilary Swank who educates and inspires young adolescent teens to help them gain a successful... (more »)
Diary of an Oxygen Thief by Anonymous
 "I liked hurting girls. Mentally, not physically. I never hit a girl in my life. Well, once. But that was a mistake. I'll tell you about it later. The thing is, I get off on it. I really enjoyed it." - Chapter 1, page 1.  Diary Of An Oxygen... (more »)
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste NG
 Little Fires Everywhere is an amazing book about a girl named Pearl and her mother, Mia, moving to a new town. Shaker Heights is your all American cookie-cutter community, but when Mia and Pearl move into town, bringing a dark past and... (more »)
Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
“A man is not made for defeat. A man can be destroyed but not defeated.” Like a old saying in the old man and the sea, the book gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell explores not only one way to demonstrate the meaning of optimism and... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Words Fail; When Describing Dear Evan Hansen This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
  “Words Fail” When Describing Dear Evan Hansen “Dear Evan Hansen, today is going to be a great day and here’s why because today, today at least you’re you and that’s enough.” On December... (more »)
Blank Panther
For decades, America has seen many different superheroes, however, these superheroes lack diversity. A titular hero was recently created and came to life on February 16, 2018. This film, Blank Panther, gave African Americans a character to look... (more »)
The Theory of Everything
"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."   - Stephen Hawking This sincere quote is what Stephen Hawking lived by through many decades of his treacherous battle with motor neuron disease,... (more »)
I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
Synopsis (from Goodreads): At first, Jude and her twin brother are NoahandJude; inseparable. Noah draws constantly and is falling in love with the charismatic boy next door, while daredevil Jude wears red-red lipstick, cliff-dives, and does all... (more »)
Abbey Road by The Beatles
With the possible exception of The White Album, not one disc in The Beatles’ entire catalog is as uneven in terms of song quality as their comparatively ignored last album Abbey Road (although Let It Be was technically the last one to be... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
A Quiet Place
By ,
A Quiet Place is a horror movie released on April 6th, 2018, and was directed by John Krasinski, who is an American actor famously known as Jim Halpert from an American tv show "The Office." The main character in the movie, Lee Abbott, is played... (more »)
The Awakening by Kate Chopin
Edna Pontellier versus Society In Kate Chopin’s The Awakening, the main character Edna Pontellier’s will opposes the society’s will during the late nineteenth century. During this time period, women are still viewed as... (more »)
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
In the novel, The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, Charlie is portrayed as a very shy boy trying to fit in. In this new world of high school, Charlie struggles to find his way on his own. He befriends many seniors from school... (more »)
Subsection: Book Reviews
Love, Simon This work is considered exceptional by our editorial staff.
“Love, Simon,” although appearing to be just another teenage romance film, actually represents another important step towards acceptance. This is the first time a major film studio has produced a movie centered around a gay teen.... (more »)
The World Is Yours by Rich The Kid
Since Rap was invented in the 1970s, it became so popular. Rap was home to legends, bringing the likes of Tupac, The Notorious B.I.G., and Eminem himself. But one great rapper from Atlanta is much better than this great album that I listen to.... (more »)
Subsection: Music Reviews
Fortnite
Gaming has been an international whirlpool of excitement and enjoyment for the  video game users. Starting in 1972 with the first couple games being atari and a basic tennis game, to the 21st century with the most popular game being... (more »)
Subsection: Video Game Reviews