A Great Loss | Teen Ink

A Great Loss

By TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

There she sits in her room.

No one cares to ask what's wrong.

All by herself diving in the gloom.

Wondering why it's taken so long.

Her mom should show up with a balloon.

Barely seven years old.

She felt something's not right.

Waiting for her hand to hold.

Still her mom is nowhere in sight.

A teardrop fell to hit the floor.

Shaking the house like no one before.

She knows it deep down in her heart.

Mommy is long gone taken apart.

Of all her siblings, she's the oldest.

There's no time to let go and grief.

She has to be strong and bring out her best.

For her mom, for her dad and mostly for her belief.

Up she stands wiping her tears off.

Believing she's tough enough.

Or even ready enough to handle it.

Perhaps just for a little bit.

With a fake corner smile.

And a brave face on for a while.

Down she goes to face the pity looks.

Other than in movies and books.

Seems like no one ever saw the loss of a mother.

Someone who can't be replaced with no one other.

Although there's no word good enough to express the loss of a mother. I wrote this poem trying to understand how she feels like. I can't even imagine my life without my crazy sweet and dear mom ^_^ But I tried my best to understand how hard it is, and at the same time realize how lucky I am to have my mother. However as hard as I may have tried, it's simply not enough compared to her feelings.

Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other

"There are all these ideas about what is perfect and what is beautifu land what is smart,but the most appealing thing is,that which is me is nobody else"

-Jennifer Lopez

Comet,I could barely read it to the end...what makes a great poet is the fact that he or she is able to conveys feelings he might or might not know about to the reader....and that is what you just did...it is really sad...great work

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

That little girl is now a wonderful loving mom ^_^ Thanks for the support

LyricBlunt said...
LyricBlunt, Denver, Colorado

"Music expresses who you are as a person." "Oh, butterfingers."Opportunities' come when you least expect it, it is all up to you what you do with them. Life sometimes throws you a curveball, you just got to go with it sometimes.

Such sadness, I really hope that little girl is okay

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you I so appreciate your opinion ^_^ I'm sorry for your loss, I know what itfeels like cuz I lost all of my grandparents too in such young and needing age. I'll make sure to follow your advice and keep writing, your comments really mean a lot to me and help me get better and always want to write more. So thank again so much :)

AvianNudge SILVER, Chicago, Illinois

― Ned Vizzini, It's Kind of a

This is really well written, You have such a wonderful talent in the art of language. You can trigger an emotion and you get your point across. I was able to connect because I lost a grandmother who was of a second mother figure to me. Keep writing more and your talent will continue to be shared.   

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you my dear! This means so much to me ^_^ As mentioned here, no one can know or even picture what it feels like to lose a mom, however I did the best I could to share the least I can through this poem. I think I essentially wrote for those who take their mom for granted, so thought that if they try to undertand the pain of those who lost her, they will realize how lucky they are. Thanks again so much for the support and just so you know I'm willing to keep it up and npt hide my talent ;) as long as everyone of us here will also keep doing what we're good at, which is reach people's hearts through our words and our art.

PureDrawings BRONZE, Chandler, Arizona
Tis reminds me so much of one of my neighbors who just lost her mom. She is so little yet so strong. I love this and I love all of ur work! Your amazing and have a God given talent that cant be hiden. Keep writing, ur amazing :)

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thank you so much my dear. I always like it when my poems really touch a person's depth. I'll make sure to keep writing not only for me but also to help people out. Thanks again a lot sweetie ^_^

Crystallite BRONZE, Santa Elena, Other
this is a beautiful poem, so inspiring and true. i like your poems, they  always have a nice touch to them.  its an amazing poem. Keep writing my friend, you are a good writer!

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Thanks ^_^ I'll make sure to keep it up ;)

on Sep. 19 2014 at 10:34 am
Necromancer PLATINUM, Cedar Creek, Texas

"Live life like There is no tomorrow"

You have talent keep it up.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Lol my dear Emily you are welcome too. I just feel so happy to know that i at least can make a change through my poems. To know that they helped, encouraged and inspired you makes me feel like my mission is accomplished ^_^ So my sister and my friend it is always a huge honor and my biggest pleasure to help you out any time you need me ^_^ 

on Sep. 16 2014 at 9:44 am
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

TheComet, thank you so much! I believe too, that there's a good reason to why God let us meet each other. Your poems have always helped, encouraged, and inspired me, Thecomet. ^_^ You're welcome, my sister and my friend. It's always a pleasure, and always no problem. 

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Dear Emily, when i wrote this poem, it was about someone i know and to be truly honest you crossed my mind while i was writing it ^_^ in a way that you also know the loss of a special person who's obiously your dad. I don't know how but i feel so close to you that sometimes i feel like i can get you without even saying a word. I truly believe that god put you in my way for a good reason. I deeply hope my poems reach your heart and make you feel better my dear and sweet sister ^_^ And as always thank you so very much for supporting my work. I so admire you for always being the first to comment on my poems ^_^ Thabks again.

TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

Of course it makes sense. I totally understand what you mean cuz i feel the same way about my best friend's mom. She always makes me feel as her own daughter. Thank you so very much for supporting my work, I appreciate it ^_^ i'm especially glad you liked it

Princess.Renda GOLD, Travelers Rest, South Carolina

"All the world is made of faith, trust, and pixie dust." --J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

This is stunning, Comet! I could connect to it in a (slightly strange) way. I still have my mother, thanks the Lord, but I had "other mothers" with my best friend's mums who adopted me as another daughter. WHen I moved away from them, it felt like--I assume--losing a mother almost. If that makes any sence lol. I really love this poem darlin :)

I could connect to it. I've not lost my mother, so I can't really fully connect about losing a mother. But the one part that i could really connect to your poem was, "Of all her siblings, she's the oldest. There's no time to let go and grief. She has to be strong and bring out her best. For her mom, for her and mostly for her belief."   So many times I had to do that. I had to be strong, because I'm the eldest, ever since my father left us.    All in al, it was beautifully and well-written. Your poem is absolutely beautiful and yet sad. It had so much emotion, and you just put yourself in it. Thank you for sharing this, TheComet!