Tonight | Teen Ink

Tonight

By Hatchetlover4eva SILVER, Phillips, Maine
Hatchetlover4eva SILVER, Phillips, Maine

"We look forward to the time when the power of love will replace the love of power then will our world know the blessings of peace" William Ewart Gladstone

Just laying here tonight, makes me want to break down and cry
I wanted so badly to be strong enough to push on and fly
But I’m just stuck in this rut I don’t think I can get by,
Everyone says it’s just bad luck, but I know it’s almost my time to die
I just hope after I’m gone people will leave me alone and move on,
Just like a pawn, Throw me to the side and forget all the things I did,
I’m so close to being a ghost I can feel it, no one wants a kid about to lose his lid,
For my very own life I took a bid, ran away from the screaming and hid,
no one has seen the monsters deep inside my mind, Astronomical explosions,
Blowing up my entire mind fights deep with-in, all I’ve ever wanted to do is just win...

on Sep. 7 2014 at 1:52 pm
CreativeFreakkk DIAMOND, Spencer, Iowa

Stand up for what you believe in even if it means standing alone. -Andy Biersack
Sometimes you gotta fall before you can fly. -Kellin Quinn
You made me hate my own reflection. -Sleeping With Sirens

This is amazing, maybe even one of the best poems i've ever come across

on Sep. 3 2014 at 2:44 pm
EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

It is a dark poem, but it's still amazing. I can't say I know how you feel, because I'm not you. But I can say connect, because I went through this. I know it seems like you can't get out or get by this rut, but you're stronger than you think. I'm sure you'll get out. You described my feelings what I have felt a lont time ago, perfectly. It's not bad to always write depressing poems. I used to do that, and still do. I sometimes to write "happy" poems. But most of the time, I wrote poems using my experiences and feeling and thoughts. But now, I've been writing other poems besides depressing poems. And who knows? You might to, you never know. Alll in all, your poem is fantastic. Know that you're a treasure, and that you're a wonderful person and writer. Hope you have a wonderful day and week, and so on! Thank you for sharing your poem!

on Jun. 28 2014 at 8:19 pm
TheComet PLATINUM, Mostaganem, Other

"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret" -Ambrose Bierce
" Be yourself! Everybody else is already taken ;)"
"Don't go where the path leads you. Go instead where there's no path and leave a trail ;)"-R.W.Emerson

Wow it's so dark! well just so you know how to get better 'I mean emotionly not concerning the poem cuz it's a great job" i think you should not care about what people say at all and fro the record you never know when time's up so all you can do is live along and follow your track. I know that "Make everyday count!" is not so easy for your situation but i really think that making everyday count isn't just about having fun and being happy but also about making other people who are even worse than HAPPY. I really do believe that you'll feel better (Ive been through this too ^_^)

on Jun. 16 2014 at 8:59 am

thanks:D if you or anyone who reads this knows of anything i could do to make it better just comment pleasee

on Jun. 16 2014 at 8:56 am

Thank you! :D 

on Jun. 14 2014 at 12:29 pm
AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonize BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"Our passion is our strength."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

Great work!

on Jun. 13 2014 at 12:27 am
Sunshine2420 SILVER, Unknown, Other

A smile hides everything.

Its just awesome...couldn't have been better ;)