I Can Never Understand You | Teen Ink

I Can Never Understand You

By iCheeto PLATINUM, Cape Coral, Florida
iCheeto PLATINUM, Cape Coral, Florida

I can never understand you
One minute, you’re in love with me
The next you completely despise me
One minute, you think I’m funny
The next you’re complaining that I told the punch line wrong
One minute, we’re singing along to our song
The next you’re yelling for me to turn the radio off
I want to understand
What this is, cause
It’s not love
No this is not love
And I wish that I
Could read your mind, cause
Listening to your words is
Driving me blind
To the beauty that we could have
That we used to have
That I thought, we, had
I can never understand you

iCheeto PLATINUM, Cape Coral, Florida
Thanks so much for the super kind words and criticisms guys, it means a ton to know you liked my poem :D

PurpOreos SILVER, Macomb, Michigan

Keep smiling...Because life is a beautiful thing. And there is so much to smile about!
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing" Benjamin Franklin

Favorite lines are "And I wish that I could read your mind, cause Listening to your words is driving me blind" I really enjoeyd this peom. Keep writting! You got talent! (:

DanielM SILVER said...
DanielM SILVER, Kent, Washington

"I would rather hated million times for what i did then loved a million times for what i didn't do." - Daniel Moto
" I've sought out to be the best i could posibly be but when i hit a roadblock in life what did i do, i had two choices either stay at the roadblock or i take this roadblock and make of it and go around it and achieve my goal. So, what will it be?"- Daniel Mathia

"People take love like its a four letter word or just a phrase that you tell people or your friends all the time. But in reality love is much bigger than a merely phrase or 4 letter word. Instead love is a genuine promise or covenant to that special person."-Daniel Mathia

“Why change yourself when you were made perfect and wonderfully by the creator of everything?” – Daniel Mathia

“If live is not hurtin then were really not living in.” – B. Reith

This was a really good poem. I admired the back in forth questions. I could tell how without communcation realtionships can be tough. Great Message. Suggestion: maybe end with a hook next time

AngelaAxelson GOLD, Littleton, Colorado

“Every day, think as you wake up, today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it. I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others; to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings. I am going to have kind thoughts towards others, I am not going to get angry or think badly about others. I am going to benefit others as much as I can.”

― Dalai Lama XIV

Wow, nice job. It really shows the truth and the confusion of a relationship that isn't that strong.